• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I bought high violet and like it a lot.

Some of the songs make me think "this is the record that coldplay

wishes they would have made instead of x&y".

That's not a slam at all, just a reaction.

I want to try another one. What do you all recommend to get next,

boxer or alligator? Or something else?

What do you all recommend to get next,

Just work your way backwards through the releases and you can't go wrong.

You should also poke around and find a copy of "the White Sessions" from 05/2007.

Just work your way backwards through the releases and you can't go wrong.

You should also poke around and find a copy of "the White Sessions" from 05/2007.

Good advice all the way around.

So, I bought high violet and like it a lot.

Some of the songs make me think "this is the record that coldplay

wishes they would have made instead of x&y".

That's not a slam at all, just a reaction.

I want to try another one. What do you all recommend to get next,

i thought this was kind of a ridiculous statement until i thought about it. that's crazy, i can definitely hear chris martin singing these songs from high violet. of course coldplay would never be able to pull something like that off which is why they have x&y and not high violet.

i just saw these guys at the e factory in philly saturday night. they were great, as were the antlers who opened up. matt jumped into the crowd in the middle of the show, walked to the back of the place, back to the middle, and was rocking out to abel with a roudy bunch in the middle of the floor by the end of the song. it was pretty nuts. later in the show he climbed up the balcony and sang from the bar. these guys definitely do their best to make their shows an experience, and they succeed. i'll definitely see them again if the oppurtunity arrises.

Toronto was excellent. Geese of Beverly Road was probably the personal highlight.

Ok- question - who was the guy right infront of Berringer the whole concert? I recognized him from somewhere and he's either a semi recognizable actor or a board member who has posted pictures lots.

Berringer shook his hand towards the end of the show, which makes me think he's following the tour.

yeah, i shot last night's show. i wish i had had a flash w/ me since at the end, Matt walked through the crowd and down a railing to the back of the room, then to the bar, walked down the bar and then back to stage, singing all the while.

Do you ever wish you could just put down the camera and watch a show or does it not really take away from it?

Has this been posted yet?

National VEVO Event on YouTube

"Live at the Brooklyn Academy of Music on May 15, 2010. A VEVO event on YouTube. Directed by Chris Hegedus and DA Pennebaker, the proceeds from the event will benefit the Red Hot Organization."

Lots of terrific HD videos and interview segments. Put this on a DVD and I'd buy it immediately.

Do you ever wish you could just put down the camera and watch a show or does it not really take away from it?

for a fair number of the shows, you can only shoot the first 3 songs anyway, so it doesn't really take away from it.

for shows where you don't have song restrictions, i try to get the safe shots early, then watch for unusual/exciting moments later. depending on the band, i might not take many other shots for the rest of the night, just grab a beer and watch the show.

the other side of the coin is watching the show from songs 4 and onward and thinking about that great shot that went untaken. :D

I love taking pictures or movies of gigs.

I go back to the movies all the time to remember what the show was like

About Today (the 2nd encore from the first Massey Hall show)

trying to hold my arms still and not breath to prevent jittering

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw the show last night and I was completely blown away. I don't even know how to explain it. I mean, I'd read that these guys were great live, but I could never picture them having so much personality and energy.

Best show I saw this year - and that includes An Evening with Wilco AND a gorgeous outdoor My Morning Jacket concert.

Wow!

Owen Palett was a really cool opener as well. I'm off to amazon.com to buy one of his albums right now.

Seeing them in Dallas for the first time on the 9th. Really looking forward to it. I had a few friends that saw them start the tour in Richmond and a couple that followed them around for a little while in the midwest. All the reports are similar to yours.

I'm getting really excited about them rolling through Durham, NC! I've had the pleasure of seeing them open for REM and also at ACLF 2007, but this will be the first time seeing them perform a full set. It's been long overdue for me.

Keep the reviews coming... It's a great way to put off working on a rainy Monday morning!

I'd read that these guys were great live, but I could never picture them having so much personality and energy.

I was the same way before seeing them at Malkin Bowl here in Vancouver earlier this month! They opened with "Anyone's Ghost" and "Mistaken for Strangers" and the energy was amazing.

Even their encore - "Runaway", "Mr. November", "Terrible Love" and "About Today" - which might seem tame (with the exception of "Mr Nov") was unbelievable!

Glad you had a great show, too.

I was the same way before seeing them at Malkin Bowl here in Vancouver earlier this month! They opened with "Anyone's Ghost" and "Mistaken for Strangers" and the energy was amazing.

Even their encore - "Runaway", "Mr. November", "Terrible Love" and "About Today" - which might seem tame (with the exception of "Mr Nov") was unbelievable!

Glad you had a great show, too.

I was surprised to find they closed our show with "Terrible Love," but it was an incredible experience, complete with Matt climbing the audience's seats from front to back of the venue, singing the entire time. It was surreal.

I was surprised to find they closed our show with "Terrible Love," but it was an incredible experience, complete with Matt climbing the audience's seats from front to back of the venue, singing the entire time. It was surreal.

I wish they closed our show with About Today. I can't complain since we got them to play Ada and Racing Like A Pro (even if I'm not fond of the extremely repetitive latter and the most cringeful awful National lyric that comes with it).

I wish they closed our show with About Today. I can't complain since we got them to play Ada and Racing Like A Pro (even if I'm not fond of the extremely repetitive latter and the most cringeful awful National lyric that comes with it).

I'm curious as to what the awful lyric is in Racing Like a Pro. Can't think of anything that objectionable.