• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love it but it's def gonna be a LONG time before i enjoy it more than Boxer or Alligator

it's a very consistent album, but so far there's not a single song i love more than All The Wine, Fake Empire, Secret Meeting, Abel, Mr. November, Baby, We'll Be Fine, Apartment Story, etc. The closest so far is England or Conversation 16 probably.

i'm sure it's just a matter of time though, for quite a while after it came out i didn't like Alligator as much as Sad Songs either :)

i love it but it's def gonna be a LONG time before i enjoy it more than Boxer or Alligator

it's a very consistent album, but so far there's not a single song i love more than All The Wine, Fake Empire, Secret Meeting, Abel, Mr. November, Baby, We'll Be Fine, Apartment Story, etc. The closest so far is England or Conversation 16 probably.

i'm sure it's just a matter of time though, for quite a while after it came out i didn't like Alligator as much as Sad Songs either :)

that's interesting..i'm already in love with terrible love, afraid of everyone, little faith, lemonworld.

After 2.5 listens, I'm with solace at the moment. I really, really like the album, but its not hitting the same highs as the last two albums did for me. But I could care less - it's great!

that's interesting..i'm already in love with terrible love, afraid of everyone, little faith, lemonworld.

oh i love a handful of songs on the album (England, Conversaton 16, Runaway, Bloodbuzz, Anyone's Ghost), but hard to compete with songs you've been infatuated with for 3 and 5 years now ;). honestly if i was forced to pick a least favorite song on the record, Little Faith might be it, sorry wink.gif

i love all those songs solace listed from alligator and boxer. i also love cardinal song, theory of the crows and most of cherry tree. right now, sorrow is up there on top with all my past favorites. not too far behind is terrible love and bloodbuzz. i am trying to digest all the imagery in matt's lyrics. good stuff.

i can't wait for a full quality version to spin in my headphones.

i love all those songs solace listed from alligator and boxer. i also love cardinal song, theory of the crows and most of cherry tree. right now, sorrow is up there on top with all my past favorites. not too far behind is terrible love and bloodbuzz. i am trying to digest all the imagery in matt's lyrics. good stuff.

i can't wait for a full quality version to spin in my headphones.

Theory of Crows is SO amazing isn't it? those lyrics are still some of Matt's best IMO cheers.gif

i can safely say that this album is def best enjoyed cranked loud, as i've been doing all afternoon music.gif

The shows these guys played here in Richmond the last two nights were simply epic. Over the two nights they played every song from High Violet and holy crap does this stuff sound good live. Opened both shows with "Anyone's Ghost" which just owns.

hard to compete with songs you've been infatuated with for 3 and 5 years now

I agree with this. I've played those last two records so many times that I really can't rank High Violet right now.

Having said that based on a bunch of listens at loud volume to what is notoriously a "bad rip" and seeing all of the songs played live, I have a hard time not seeing it matching the previous two at some point after I get a real copy. Honestly the last time I listened to a record this many times in a short period of time was probably right after A Ghost Is Born leaked.

Right now I've had to step back from this thing for danger of over-listening.

I agree with this. I've played those last two records so many times that I really can't rank High Violet right now.

Having said that based on a bunch of listens at loud volume to what is notoriously a "bad rip" and seeing all of the songs played live, I have a hard time not seeing it matching the previous two at some point after I get a real copy. Honestly the last time I listened to a record this many times in a short period of time was probably right after A Ghost Is Born leaked.

Right now I've had to step back from this thing for danger of over-listening.

I'm with you. Until it is properly released, there's no way I can begin to place this in their catalog. But I will say this album has quickly seeped into my veins. These guys fucking deliver the goods.

The shows these guys played here in Richmond the last two nights were simply epic. Over the two nights they played every song from High Violet and holy crap does this stuff sound good live. Opened both shows with "Anyone's Ghost" which just owns.

I was there Friday. This band epitomizes the concept of being "Loosely tight". Matt flailing away, moving and riding the momentum of the music and the feedback of the audience. A glass of wine. A water bottle tossed up towards the overheads (subsequently almost slipping as he turns around). Smashing the mic stand (offering up the broken token to the front row). Getting down in amongst the crowd. Things you've seen before but here it comes across genuine. Epic? Maybe. Really fucking good, that's for certain. I can't wait for the record.