• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

As you may have heard, there is a low quality leak of our new album, High Violet, spreading across the Internet as we speak. We wanted to let you know the New York Times - http://www.nytimes.com - will be streaming the real thing starting Friday April 23rd. We hope you'll take the time to hear the album at its intended level of quality.

High Violet will be released by 4AD worldwide on May 10th/11th.

--

thanks for your support!

/the national

If the copy going around right now really is low quality, I'll happily wait until Friday.

just FYI, the version that leaked today (even the V0) is a terrible quality rip (transcoded from 128kbps), if you can hold off until the NY Times streams it in high quality on Friday, i'd def advise to do so.

You know, it will be much harder to avoid everyone's opinions about it, than it will be to avoid the leak. I may have to stay away from these parts for awhile if I want to listen to all the new music coming out with both fresh ears and a fresh head.

You know, it will be much harder to avoid everyone's opinions about it, than it will be to avoid the leak. I may have to stay away from these parts for awhile if I want to listen to all the new music coming out with both fresh ears and a fresh head.

It's going to be impossible. Come on over here to the dark side where I've decided I'm going to listen. (Just once, though, and that's it until I get it.)

Countdown! 7-8 hours away from the first show of a two night stand of "The National @ The National". Any other Richmond folks gonna be there?

Also help finding a quality rip once the stream starts tomorrow would be appreciated. Not sure how many trips to atease my brain can cope with in a given week.

Also help finding a quality rip once the stream starts tomorrow would be appreciated. Not sure how many trips to atease my brain can cope with in a given week.

I don't even like Radiohead but I visit that site way too often. I think The National thread was up to 200 pages before it even leaked

with some deeper digging on the interwebz, i found the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/25/magazine/25national-t.html

and, it is supposed to be streaming starting @ 8:30am EST, but it's not active yet.

9:01 am EDIT: well, sock me sideways...it's now active.

9:28 EDIT: shoot. the stream does not allow you to spin the entire track.

Love that the stream is made up of easily downloadable mp3's and not flash embedded. :)

I think that's why they just took the stream down. I was through the 3rd song (Somebody's Ghost?) and the fourth wouldn't load. Upon reloading, the flash player disappeared and now I can't find it anywhere. BOOO! It was sounding epic.

I am strong, and can carry both of you guys. Honestly, I find it easy to summon the will to be patient.

:thumbup

I find with records I know I'm going to buy, like this one, I won't listen until I have the retail copy in my player--well, that's true most of the time :D. I find It more satisfying to hear a record for the first time in its natural untouched state, plus it's nice to peruse some artwork and liner notes.