• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my tickets.

Can't wait to get behind the wheel of my sweet new ride. :thumbup

I'll root for you, unless I go in on it. I didn't see when the drawing is? I wonder if Neko's footprints are still on it.

I'll root for you, unless I go in on it. I didn't see when the drawing is? I wonder if Neko's footprints are still on it.

Looks like they screwed something up and have to start over. So those of us who bought tickets will be refunded, and they'll re-post the "auction" (really more of a raffle, right?) soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Neko last Thursday night in Boston and, as always, it was great. It wasn't that different from other recent shows of hers that I have seen but it was a fun night. She played a lot of stuff from Middle Cyclone and a couple of songs I didn't recognize. She didn't introduce them so I don't know of they were covers or new songs. Her voice sounded great (except for a couple of notes which she acknowledged were off) and her harmonies with Kelly Hogan are sublime. Her band was sharp and the banter was funny. Couldn't ask for more.

The opening band - Lost In the Trees - was interesting. They are led by a guy on acoustic guitar (with only six strings on a 12-string guitar) but the band had two cellos, a violin, drums, percussion, horns, bass and probably some things I am forgetting. Some songs were all over the place but when they put it together it was really good.

• 1 month later...

Saw Neko & Mavis last night in Tarrytown. Fantastic show. It was just Neko and Paul Rigby as the opening act. It was a real treat to see the acoustic show, even if it was the usual selections from Fox Confessor and Middle Cyclone.

Mavis was great. Similar set to Solid Sound. Neko joined in for The Weight, she sang one verse in addition to backup.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

She was on the inaugural episode of Funny or Die's entry into the performance session trend. We are looking forward to seeing her in Atlanta on our annual Fall Color/Country Living Fair weekend. It's the first time someone we want to see has been in town at the same time. We had Sirius in the rental for 2 weeks and Man was getting lots of play on various channels.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/awesome_of_the_day/2013/07/watch-neko-case-kind-of-perform-man-for-funny-or-die.html?utm_source=PANL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=130718