What order do you put Wes Anderson's films in?

And your favorite is?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Wes Anderson Film?

• Bottle Rocket
    • Rushmore
    • The Royal Tenenbaums
    • The Life Aquatic
    • The Darjeeling Limited
    • The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Just wanted to know how people ranked their Anderson films. My list goes:

1) The Royal Tenenbaums

2) Rushmore

3) The Life Aquatic

4) The Darjeeling Limited

5) The Fantastic Mr. Fox

6) Bottle Rocket

Enjoy!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt in my mind that The Royal Tenenbaums is my favorite movie e-v-e-r. It was like the first time I heard Wilco lol.

Just wanted to know how people ranked their Anderson films. My list goes:

1) The Royal Tenenbaums

2) Rushmore

3) The Life Aquatic

4) The Darjeeling Limited

5) The Fantastic Mr. Fox

6) Rushmore

Enjoy!

:omg

Guest Ordinary Beehive

1. Bottle Rocket

2. The Royal Tenenbaums

3. Rushmore

then, Life Aquatic & Darjeeling

I haven't seen Fox.

I love Rocket, Tenenbaums & Rushmore. Not crazy about the others.

This is like ranking my favorite family members, but nonetheless if I can do that (all of Aunt Carol's stories have started to sound the same IMHO, Uncle Jim really fell apart after he fired Jay Bennett...) I can do this.

1.) The Royal Tenenbaums

2.) The Life Aquatic

3.) Rushmore

4.) The Darjeeling Limited

5.) Bottle Rocket

6.) Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Fox was just about note perfect for what he was trying to do, and I found it very enjoyable, but almost by design it didn't quite have the emotional resonance of his other films. Bottle Rocket is hysterical, but the Inez scenes particularly her and Luke Wilson in the pool kind of derail the movie a little bit. The top four are all interchangeable. I like Tenenbaums a little more than the other three most of the time, and I think I am one of the 10 people in the world that loved Life Aquatic.

--Mike

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I didn't really get Life Aquatic. I felt like I was missing the joke, but I don't think I was.

I thought the part when Goldblum says "I fold" and the guy immediately shoots him was great though.

Royal Tenanbaums

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Rushmore

Darjeling

Bottle Rocket

Life Aquatic

Tenenbaums is my favorite movie, period. Every character is so great, and it's such a well written movie. I love them all, but Life Aquatic drags for a bit too much. And Bottle Rocket is too simple to compete with the others.

I think in some ways, Darjeeling is his most interesting movie. Not only is it a gorgeously composed film, but it really reveals itself after three or four views. Underrated.

I'm excited for his next movie. Mr. Fox blew me away.

probably my favorite director. don't by many dvds, but i do buy his.

darjeeling is my most favorite. i sympathized/empathized with the characters immediately. with the other films, i had to watch more than once in order to feel for the characters. after that, i'm sucked in. loved mr. fox. pure wes anderson. i really liked his brother doing kristoph:)

Darjeeling

Royal T.

Life Aquatic

Rushmore

Fox

Bottle Rocket

:omg

LMFAO, I totally didn't catch it! Bottle Rocket belongs at 6.

The Royal Tenenbaums

Rushmore

The Darjeeling Limited

The Life Aquatic

Bottle Rocket

The Fantastic Mr. Fox - Have not seen... yet.

OR

Rushmore

The Royal Tenenbaums

The Darjeeling Limited

The Life Aquatic

Bottle Rocket

The Fantastic Mr. Fox - Have not seen... yet.

I go between Rushmore and Tenenbaums. Both are classics and both films do not waste one second of film space.

I haven't seen all of them, but the ones I have:

Royal Tenenbaums

Darjeeling

Life Aquatic

though my favorite moment out of all three may be Bill Murray ripping the pirates a new hole to "Search and Destroy" :lol (really the only reason I wanted to post here, because I feel like not seeing the others makes my opinion less valid)

I haven't seen all of them, but the ones I have:

Royal Tenenbaums

Darjeeling

Life Aquatic

though my favorite moment out of all three may be Bill Murray ripping the pirates a new hole to "Search and Destroy" :lol (really the only reason I wanted to post here, because I feel like not seeing the others makes my opinion less valid)

2 things about Life Aquatic I really liked. The above is #1, the logo for Air Kentucky was #2.

8416418_125x125.jpg

• 5 months later...

RE: Wes Anderson's Next Film (didn't feel the need to start up a new thread, although this was a bitch to find. I guess "wes" is not an appropriate search word.)

From Joblo.com: (amongst other film sites)

His next film MOON RISE KINGDOM has attracted several stars who are all in current talks to star.: Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand and Tilda Swinton.

Anderson wrote the script with Roman Coppola and will start production next spring.

Here's a rundown of the story and details on the roles:

"Moon Rise Kingdom is set in the 60s. Two young adults fall in love and run away. Leaders in their New England town are sticking the idea that they've disappeared and go in search of them. Norton will play a scout leader who brings his charges on a search. Willis is in talks to play the town sheriff who’s also looking, and who is having an affair with the missing girl’s mother, the role McDormand is in talks to play. Murray, a regular in Anderson films, will play the girl's father, who has his own issues."

I didn't really get Life Aquatic. I felt like I was missing the joke, but I don't think I was.

I thought the part when Goldblum says "I fold" and the guy immediately shoots him was great though.

Watch it again. A lot of his flicks (for me most notably Darjeeling) grow on you with repeated viewing. Bill Murry's hatred of the dolphins. Klaus' inferiority complex. The sloppy shootout scene on the island for their rescue mission which was sound-tracked by Mark Mothersbaugh (who is to Anderson as Elfman is to Burton). The boy on Murry's shoulders and beautiful stylized scene of the film festival. The interns going home with incompletes after the pirate attack. Uh, I need to go watch it again right now.