Solid Sounders--Where are you coming from?

61 members have voted

1. 1. Where in the world are you?

• United States--Northeast
    • United States--Southeast
    • United States--Northwest
    • United States--Southwest
    • United States--Middle
    • Europe (including Great Britain)
    • Canada
    • Australia, New Zealand and Asia
    • South America
    • Rest o' the world

Why is Canada in the "Rest of the world" category? Or should I just assume that I'm in the Northeast US? Unless....have we finally just fused with you guys!?

What, you haven't heard about The Great Fusion? Oh wait, I've said too much. . . . Well, until it's officially announced, I went ahead and gave Canada its own category--I just added Asia to Australia and New Zealand. (No, you don't want me as your Trivial Pursuit teammate in Geography.)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, you haven't heard about The Great Fusion? Oh wait, I've said too much. . . . Well, until it's officially announced, I went ahead and gave Canada its own category--I just added Asia to Australia and New Zealand. (No, you don't want me as your Trivial Pursuit teammate in Geography.)

Haha trust me, it often feels like I already live in your country. Thanks for adding Canada!

4 from Western MA (well, I'm really Central MA), 2 from Boston and 3 from Indiana.

Four of us (myself included) are staying at some B&B in Williamstown. (I forget the name as I did not make the reservation.)

I do not know where my Indiana friends are staying.

Since I started this poll, I thought I'd mention that I'm coming from Norfolk, Virginia. I'll be rooming with someone I met on this board who lives in Ohio (she's already responded to the poll) and we'll be staying at the Willows Motel in Williamstown. We're flying in to Boston early Friday morning, renting a car for the weekend and returning to Boston early Monday morning. In case it's not already wildly apparent, I am WAY excited about this--less than 3 weeks away!

We're up to 38 responses now, which probably translates to 60-70 actual people. Anybody got any bright ideas about how VCers can be on the lookout for each other? I know some of you know each other already, so maybe this will all happen naturally. But most of us don't know each other in real life, so I was thinking we could come up with some VC identity "badge" that we could print out and wear. Is that too corny? :rolleyes Or barf-worthy? :throwup Or maybe a decent idea??:blush (Yes, I'm having fun with emoticons today--looking for an opportunity to use this one. :jerkit

Thoughts, anybody?

anybody who plans on going wanna carpool with me from the kentucky or ohio area? i'm driving from louisville, ky through cincy, columbus, cleveland and then up and across. send me a pm if so, i'd love to share driving and gas costs. take care, greg

Since I started this poll, I thought I'd mention that I'm coming from Norfolk, Virginia. I'll be rooming with someone I met on this board who lives in Ohio (she's already responded to the poll) and we'll be staying at the Willows Motel in Williamstown. We're flying in to Boston early Friday morning, renting a car for the weekend and returning to Boston early Monday morning. In case it's not already wildly apparent, I am WAY excited about this--less than 3 weeks away!

We're up to 38 responses now, which probably translates to 60-70 actual people. Anybody got any bright ideas about how VCers can be on the lookout for each other? I know some of you know each other already, so maybe this will all happen naturally. But most of us don't know each other in real life, so I was thinking we could come up with some VC identity "badge" that we could print out and wear. Is that too corny? :rolleyes Or barf-worthy? :throwup Or maybe a decent idea??:blush (Yes, I'm having fun with emoticons today--looking for an opportunity to use this one. :jerkit

Thoughts, anybody?

I'm the last person to care about corny. Name tag stickers with board names always seem to work. Simple too, you just need a sharpie and a package of stickers. Maybe some sort of meeting place as well on Saturday by some exhibit?

I'm the last person to care about corny. Name tag stickers with board names always seem to work. Simple too, you just need a sharpie and a package of stickers. Maybe some sort of meeting place as well on Saturday by some exhibit?

Totally agree I am a LT Board member of BTX the Springsteen Fan website and have in organized pre show parties and it is simple get a mtg area ours is a Irish Pub in Boston or CT or RI and use sharpies and have cold beer at reasonable prices Great Gathering/Conversation/ Merriment ensues...

You can make it

Also always a good Idea to have a Separate Thread for the ROll Call That you can update as you did this one as date gets closer

e g

Subject VCr Meet Up Who's iN?

Instructions List your VC Name where from How many in your group

paste the roll call in your post and add your name

1) Wilco ME plus 1 coming in from Norfolk VIrginia /Ohio and we are Pumped!!

2) Wilco Worshipper plus 8 4 from Western MA (well, I'm really Central MA), 2 from Boston and 3 from Indiana

3) Roadhse MA Plus 4 (3 Boston 1 Amherst)

Totally agree I am a LT Board member of BTX the Springsteen Fan website and have in organized pre show parties and it is simple get a mtg area ours is a Irish Pub in Boston or CT or RI and use sharpies and have cold beer at reasonable prices Great Gathering/Conversation/ Merriment ensues...

You can make it

Also always a good Idea to have a Separate Thread for the ROll Call That you can update as you did this one as date gets closer

e g

Subject VCr Meet Up Who's iN?

Instructions List your VC Name where from How many in your group

paste the roll call in your post and add your name

1) Wilco ME plus 1 coming in from Norfolk VIrginia /Ohio and we are Pumped!!

2) Wilco Worshipper plus 8 4 from Western MA (well, I'm really Central MA), 2 from Boston and 3 from Indiana

3) Roadhse MA Plus 4 (3 Boston 1 Amherst)

All riiiight! You sound like you know what you're doin'! The only modification, it seems to me, would be that for this festival we'd want to stay on the grounds of Mass MoCA for the meetup. So far as I know, none of us knows the town of North Adams and we don't know when it will be safe to leave the actual grounds without running the risk of missing something cool. But what about trying to get together at around 7:00 Friday night (the schedule says stuff starts at 8:00)? I'll throw together something in a separate thread, as roadhse ma suggests, but please everyone, FEEL FREE to modify. I am not a party planner at heart, but what I lack in skillz I will try to compensate for with determination!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that. any chance you'll get on stage?

Slim to none. :ohwell

Funny thing is, I've been close enough to both Tweedy and Farrar during shows, and have seen looks from both of them that leads me to believe they think the same thing. Strange feeling.

Slim to none. :ohwell

Funny thing is, I've been close enough to both Tweedy and Farrar during shows, and have seen looks from both of them that leads me to believe they think the same thing. Strange feeling.

Be sure to carry your harmonica along just in case. Never know when someone will request "Jodel."

Be sure to carry your harmonica along just in case. Never know when someone will request "Jodel."

I got a "Keymonica" you can always use. Its on my keychain ready for any jam session. I am practicing She's a Jar right now. I was thinking of starting a micro band with finger instruments and stuff. That would have been an awesome display at the festival right next to bread and puppet, cover all of wilco's songs, that would be some undertaking though.

I got a "Keymonica" you can always use. Its on my keychain ready for any jam session. I am practicing She's a Jar right now. I was thinking of starting a micro band with finger instruments and stuff. That would have been an awesome display at the festival right next to bread and puppet, cover all of wilco's songs, that would be some undertaking though.

That could be awesome. Maybe y'all could wander through town as a tiny-Wilco mariachi band with the Total Pro kazoos.

Three coming from Bethpage, New York (Long Island). I will be driving up with my new license plates! We're coming up on Saturday and are looking to jam on some Wilco tunes somewhere with other VC musicians.

wilco Plate.jpg

My husband and I will be driving up Route 7 from western Connecticut. A ride to MASS Moca has always been one of my favorite daytrips. It's unreal that Wilco will be waiting for me this time. We're staying at the Holiday Inn.

Also - I have one extra ticket - it's listed in the ticket selling section. Make me an offer.

• 2 weeks later...