2010-2011 NHL Season

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright - here's the deal - I had to work the first 2 games (Van won) - was off and watched the next 2 games (Bos won) - was working the next one (Van won) and was off and watched the last one (Bos won)...

so it looks as if it is all down to whether I work tomorrow or not...

and I don't!

Congrats Boston!

i have my own hockey game at 830pm so I'll miss most of Game 7, too bad i dont have DVR.

but honestly, i think Vancouver will win eventhough Boston has been the better team in the series, Boston hasn't made the most of their opportunities on Power Play on the road.

BUT i really want the Bruins to win. The have been as inconsistent as the Canucks but Thomas has been better and I think the Bruins are more deserving. They are outscoring and playing more solid defense than the Canucks.

I have nothing against the Canucks, I just like the underdogs.

Neither team deserves to win the cup, just give it to Tim Thomas and let's all move on http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1008641--just-give-the-stanley-cup-to-tim-thomas-neither-team-deserves-it

But seriously, I hate the Bruins.

I don't care for the canucks, but I will throw up if the Bruins win, lol.

Shawn Thornton's baby gorilla tantrums?

Jack Edwards?

Their brutish fans beating the crap out of Vancouver fans?

Marchand's rat face. (how the hell does he get away with using Sedin's face as a punching bag?)

The clueless Bruins fans who go insane when Vancouver tries to sell calls (which they have been, and which is disgraceful) and yet completely ignore the fact that players like Ference have been doing the same thing (which is also disgraceful).

Honestly, it's really hard to give them any love.

But yeah, they are probably going to win tonight. At least that means the cup winners can actually win a game on the road.

Then the shock-jock retards on the sports hub can act like they actually understand hockey for a couple more weeks....

That being said Tim Thomas is one of my favorite guys in the league.

If anyone deserves to win the cup it's that guy. What a class act.

It's a shame his teammates have no class whatsoever.

Marchand's rat face. (how the hell does he get away with using Sedin's face as a punching bag?)

because sedin and the rest of his team are pussies?

let's be honest here, the Canucks set the tone w/ Burrows biting players and Rome blinding defenseless players.

Fuck them. they brought it, and now they can't handle it.

because sedin and the rest of his team are pussies?

let's be honest here, the Canucks set the tone w/ Burrows biting players and Rome blinding defenseless players.

Fuck them. they brought it, and now they can't handle it.

Stay classy.

I am not defending the Canucks.

I just prefer hockey over brain dead goonery.

I have absoutley no problem with the Sedins not fighting. It's not their style.

The hit on Horton sucked. I hated to see him hurt like that.

And Burrows is an idiot.

But the Rome hit is nothing we haven't seen from the Bruins this year.

And if you stick your fingers into another players mouth, what to you expect to happen?

Bergeron knew exactly what he was doing. It's nothing new.

Their brutish fans beating the crap out of Vancouver fans?

Seriously? Harsh.

The husband and I are prolly the only Vancouverites who aren't big hockey fans although it's been difficult to not get excited about the Canucks and their playoff run.

We fly into Boston Monday in advance of Solid Sound. Whether the Canucks win or lose, I'm thinking we'll keep our hometown roots hush-hush!

I am not defending the Canucks.

I just prefer hockey over brain dead goonery.

I have absoutley no problem with the Sedins not fighting. It's not their style.

The hit on Horton sucked. I hated to see him hurt like that.

And Burrows is an idiot.

But the Rome hit is nothing we haven't seen from the Bruins this year.

And if you stick your fingers into another players mouth, what to you expect to happen?

Bergeron knew exactly what he was doing. It's nothing new.

People keep bringing up the bolded. I'll tell you what happens 99.999% of the time someone sticks his fingers in another player's mouth: nothing. Facewashing happens after just about every play when players are tied up on the boards. Fingers get stuck in eyes, ears, noses and yes, mouths, and for the vast majority of cases, nobody gets bitten because it's not accepted behavior. Burrows had his hands all over Bergeron's face, too. Bergeron didn't bite Burrows's fingers.

Bergeron wasn't being friendly with Burrows, but he didn't act outside of accepted hockey norms. Burrows did.

amazing. i can't believe the B's have won.

that Bergeron shorthanded goal was the dagger through the ribs.

Marchand...what more can you say? Just like Linesman, he'll irritate the hell of you if he's on another team, but when he's on your team, you love him. Seguin got all the print for being a rookie, but Marchand delivered.

I was a Big Bs fan in the early 90s when i was starting to play hockey as a kid, Andy Moog-Cam Neely-Craig Janney-Ray Bourque, that was my team! so I am happy the Bruins won this year. They outscored Van 2 to 1 and played strong defense and physical. I wouldn't say the Canucks choked, but they have issues they need to resolve if they want to make it back to the Cup.

Looking forward to next year, new team in Winnipeg, probably a new Cup winner.

EDIT: On my comment on Canucks not choking: Despite injuries to Hamhuis, Raymond, certain Canucks didn't show up. Luongo on the road was terrible, Sedins didnt do a lot of scoring, Dan Sedin didnt look at all like he did in regular season, and Ryan Kesler, probably not 100% health, had one assist in the Cup series. That won't do it, they dominated all season and flubbed in the final. Do you call that choking?

Also, drunk Canucks fans really showed their class yesterday, looting and burning the city down. Way to go! Vancouver is a nice city, they made it look bad.

People keep bringing up the bolded. I'll tell you what happens 99.999% of the time someone sticks his fingers in another player's mouth: nothing. Facewashing happens after just about every play when players are tied up on the boards. Fingers get stuck in eyes, ears, noses and yes, mouths, and for the vast majority of cases, nobody gets bitten because it's not accepted behavior. Burrows had his hands all over Bergeron's face, too. Bergeron didn't bite Burrows's fingers.

Bergeron wasn't being friendly with Burrows, but he didn't act outside of accepted hockey norms. Burrows did.

I agree with what everything you have said. But it takes a special player to stick fingers in someones eyes/mouths and it's ALWAYS a big deal on the ice when it happens. But you are right.

I underestimated how much sheer joy I would experience seeing Thomas hold the cup in the air. I love that guy. What a class act. If there is a better story in the NHL right now, I haven't heard it.

I hate the Bruins, but they deserved it.

I have gone through 39 yrs of, wait till next year, and now it's finally over.

very strange series. I really believe if Rome didnt knock out Horton the Nucks might have won.

That hit, and the finger taunting woke the Bruins up, and they sure woke up. they won 4 outa 5 games.

The Sedins don't fight, and that's fine, but even i wouldn't be a punching bag to a rat. They never stood up for themslves, and when they tried to,

it was in a dirty way, imo.

classy fans, yes. next year Nucks.

i can't see the Canucks winning the Cup. I'm sorry. Luongo is inconsistent. Yes, he was the winning goalie in the Olympics for the Gold so he proved he can win the Big Game but he failed to win the other Big Game at home. The Sedins and Kesler and Co. are good players but didn't step up in the Big Game, they could if they get back to the Cup but that is a big IF.

The Canucks have the tools but missing a few pieces but the NHL has a lot of parity and a lot of good teams that play hard. I think the Canucks missed their great opportunity to win the Cup. I could be wrong and will admit being wrong if i am, but I can't see the Canucks being back in the Cup, the West has to many talented teams.

====

I already miss the NHL. Can't wait to watch the opening games in October in Las Vegas!

• 5 months later...