Concert Marathons...most you have seen in short amount of time?

I am in the middle of a 4 concert run...I am at concerts Thur, Fri, Sat and Monday. The older I get the less desireable it is but I am a glutton for punishment and I curse when the 6am alarm rings on those work mornings after a concert!

Anyway what is the most concerts in a row you saw?

My record was 8 concerts in 6 days back in 2000..I was a walking zombie by day 3 and I fell asleep at one of them I don't remember!

My record for one month was 14 I think?

In case you are wondering this week for me it is

Walkmen

Peter Hook

Jeff X 2

I still have a calendar from when I was in high school. I was looking through it just the other day. There was one week in July of 1991 in which I saw Violent Femmes, John Wesley Harding, Primus, Tad and Fishbone.

well i did three full days in Vegas for the Matador 21st thing (23 bands) from Oct 1-3, saw Chapterhouse + 2 bands on the 5th, and Triptykon and 3 other bands on the 7th.

earlier this year, i did 4 shows in 5 days (Kreator/Voivod/Nachtmystium/Evile; Blue Oyster Cult; RJD2+2; Harvey Milk/Coalesce+2)

another slot of 4 shows in 6 days (DBT; Black Rebel MotoClub; Wilco; Wilco)

in a 7 day span, i saw 5 shows (Oneida; Pearl Jam and then Buzzcocks: Pat Metheny; Neil Young/Bert Jansch)

last year was pretty busy too...

another 7 day/5 concert week in Feb (Antony; Witch; G Clinton/PFunk; Blitzen Trapper; Scion Rock Fest)

I work nights so it's pretty hard for me to go to more than two shows in a row. But in September I did five shows in four days. Four nights of Pavement plus a late Basia Bulat show. But it kind of seems like cheating to use the same band four times.

Not really done a huge marathon of shows... but I've seen and played shows myself to give myself some serious sound hang overs.

April- Saw Wilco, had a show in a gymnasium the next night (the sound was terrible and just way too loud), judged a local band competition the 2 days after that (These kids were damn loud too)

October/ September- EELS on a friday night, band practice the next day, played a show/ watched the show sunday, played ANOTHER show on tuesday, Thursday I saw Roger Waters The Wall, band practice AGAIN on Friday, Saturday played ANOTHER show, a local band showcase at our newly reopened State Theater, and FINALLY The Hold Steady that next tuesday.

i felt like hell.

I work nights so it's pretty hard for me to go to more than two shows in a row. But in September I did five shows in four days. Four nights of Pavement plus a late Basia Bulat show. But it kind of seems like cheating to use the same band four times.

Ehh I don't think so..it is still a concert. I saw Bruce Springsteen 7 times in 6 weeks back in 03 all at Giants Stadium I paid $100 total for all 7 shows. Some shows i paid as little as $5 to get in all in all it was fun but I started to get burnt out!

This past Sept/Oct. was probably one of my busiest concert-going marathons. I saw Phoenix 9/18, the Dirty Projectors 9/23, Pavement 9/30, Avett Bros. 10/1, Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers 10/2, Belle and Sebastian 10/3, Arcade Fire, two nights, 10/7 and 10/8, The National 10/16, Jonsi 10/17, Interpol 10/19 and Sufijan Stevens 10/23.

I am giving my wallet a break and don't have tickets for any shows until late January when I see Iron and Wine.

well, if you are/were a dead head or phish fan i'm sure you've packed some in. when i'd go on dead tour and had money, the days off i'd try to see a show. i remember seeing 3 dead shows then CSN then 2 more dead shows. pretty fun. it got really hectic when the dead and phish were touring. of course, this was when i was 20 years old. could never ever do that now. just seeing autumn defense at an in-store then the show a few hours afterward wore me out:)

the all-timer for me was Yes at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City on a Thursday night ... got home at like 5 a.m. ... went to school ... left school and went straight to the train station and into NYC for the Schaefer Music Festival Starcastle / Gentle Giant gig that started at 5 o'clock in Central Park

did three shows in three nights last spring ... and all three shows were in different states

4 in 5 nights this week for me:

Alex Dezen (The Damnwells ) Sunday

JT Monday

Old 97s Weds & Thurs

what happened to the 0.5 day? or is it not a full three day fest?

Actually if you count the part of Thursday I helpe load in LPs I guess I did three days. Actually Pfork is two and a half days. It starts late afternoon on Friday and runs through Sunday.

LouieB

This past Sept/Oct. was probably one of my busiest concert-going marathons. I saw Phoenix 9/18, the Dirty Projectors 9/23, Pavement 9/30, Avett Bros. 10/1, Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers 10/2, Belle and Sebastian 10/3, Arcade Fire, two nights, 10/7 and 10/8, The National 10/16, Jonsi 10/17, Interpol 10/19 and Sufijan Stevens 10/23.

I am giving my wallet a break and don't have tickets for any shows until late January when I see Iron and Wine.

Thats a nice run!

4 in 5 nights this week for me:

Alex Dezen (The Damnwells ) Sunday

JT Monday

Old 97s Weds & Thurs

i would absolutely love to be in your shoes for those shows. wow.

i think the most i've done ia 8 shows in a month.