i was at all the hamptons from 87 on. i was just looking and saw they played there basically three nights every year in the 80s!! what a trip and what a great great venue.

the dark star there was probably the high point. people dont realize that the help slip franklins the night before was a bust out and i almost passed out when they ripped into that.

id like to talk to someone that went to this show:

Bob Marley Performing Arts Center, Montego Bay, XJ (11/26/82)

Sugaree

New Minglewood Blues

Loser

Man Smart/Woman Smarter

Althea

Let it Grow

Samson and Delilah

Scarlet Begonias

Fire on the Mountain

drums

Throwin' Stones

Not Fade Away

Black Peter

Good Lovin'

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bad. this is the best

one last one. i swear this is the best version ever of over half the songs. including althea, terrapin, cassidy and even throwing stones. this is the ultimate GD. do yourself a favor and stream this

http://www.archive.o...8293.sbeok.shnf

Cap Center Landover Md, 03.15.1990

Grateful Dead Live at Capital Centre on 1990-03-15

Jack Straw, Sugaree, Easy To Love You, Walkin' Blues, Althea, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Don't Ease Me In

China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Samson & Delilah, Terrapin Station-> Jam-> Drums-> Jam-> I Will Take You Home-> Wharf Rat-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away, E: Revolution

I somehow got the best seats i ever had for an indoor show. 5th row in front of brent. it was phils bday and i was surrounded by GD family and some DC big wigs and so forth. i had a fat head full of acid and when they blasted into jack straw the top about came off. its was pure bliss from then until the end. a 19 year olds dream

my bad. this is the best

one last one. i swear this is the best version ever of over half the songs. including althea, terrapin, cassidy and even throwing stones. this is the ultimate GD. do yourself a favor and stream this

http://www.archive.o...8293.sbeok.shnf

Cap Center Landover Md, 03.15.1990

Grateful Dead Live at Capital Centre on 1990-03-15

Jack Straw, Sugaree, Easy To Love You, Walkin' Blues, Althea, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Don't Ease Me In

China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Samson & Delilah, Terrapin Station-> Jam-> Drums-> Jam-> I Will Take You Home-> Wharf Rat-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away, E: Revolution

I somehow got the best seats i ever had for an indoor show. 5th row in front of brent. it was phils bday and i was surrounded by GD family and some DC big wigs and so forth. i had a fat head full of acid and when they blasted into jack straw the top about came off. its was pure bliss from then until the end. a 19 year olds dream

I happen to love this show, you were lucky to have attended. Its a go to show for me if im just looking for some dead to put on and dont want to think too hard about what to listen to. That jack straw would be an all timer if bobby didnt fuck upthe words. Almost perfect first set

There is an amazing ultramix out there on the torrent sites.

They released the 3/15/90 show on cd. It's still on sell over at dead.net - it's funny that they still call it a limited edition. It was released in 1997. Pricey set.

Grateful Dead Records is pleased to offer this very special, limited, collectors edition, three CD set packaged in a die-cut and sequentially numbered slip case. The package includes a 9 1/2" x 14" poster by the legendary Mouse and Kelley, creators of the classic 1977 Terrapin Station album cover.

3 CD set from the Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland on 3/15/90.

That was during the time they planned to build a museum/restaurant or whatever it was going to be called Terrapin Station. I think the sales from that cd set were to go towards the cost of the building it. I guess Phil has finally done that on his own.

Caught those Cap Center shows too and the 3.16.90 is excellent, as well. I always liked the Foggy Bottom reference on the Tom Thumb's from night 2. The Blow Away from the 3rd night is really nice, too...

That was during the time they planned to build a museum/restaurant or whatever it was going to be called Terrapin Station. I think the sales from that cd set were to go towards the cost of the building it. I guess Phil has finally done that on his own.

There'd been talk of building a performance venue since mid-80s iirc with the idea of them travelling less and having a more stable home base....

been revisiting fall 93. not bad. at lest entertaining when i was there. def better than '92. although there were some highlights there too. i really wish they'd put out a 'highlights' set from each tour from 92-95 a la without a net.

I got it at bt.etree.org

If no one is seeding, let me know.

I do have a Miller source - it looks like he used Healy's mix, so I guess I should be set - thanks.

I am with you Vacant Horizon - a highlight set from 92-95 would be great. The So Many Roads set has some of the new songs on Disc 5, but an expanded set would be a nice edition. I wonder how it will sell, though. I don't think the "why don't they put out full shows" crowd would be too upset with a "highlight" set of 92-95 songs.

I do have a Miller source - it looks like he used Healy's mix, so I guess I should be set - thanks.

I am with you Vacant Horizon - a highlight set from 92-95 would be great. The So Many Roads set has some of the new songs on Disc 5, but an

expanded set would be a nice edition. I wonder how it will sell, though. I don't think the "why don't they put out full shows" crowd would be too upset with a "highlight" set of 92-95 songs.

No problem. maybe youve seen it but there is a92-95 highlight torrent floating around as well.

of course, i went to check out the 92 compton show and got snagged on this:

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1980-12-26.nak300.walker-scotton.miller.89260.sbeok.flac16

i love 1980. just chill and they still at a peak.

too bad i don't torrent, i'd love to check out that highlights set. so many roads did have some interesting stuff, but not the best versions i think. they were more sentimental (last so many roads etc.)

http://www.archive.o...tman.12755.shnf

probably the last, best second set. i remember the buzz about this show being an X-Factor show. i guess what makes it great is that garcia enunciates every word and hits all the guitar parts :-)

scarlet>

Fire

Playin>

Dark Star>

Terrapin>

D/S

etc.

What Wilco show are you looking for?

You know what is really good? Jerry's solo in Loser (the one on the Ladies and Gentlemen box - April 28, 1971).

another great Loser solo is from July 7, 1989 - smoking show. Very underated for a great year.

Favorite 1989 shows? 2.10, 4.2, 4.15, 6.28, 7.7, 7.17, 10.19, 12.27

This is a fantastic '93 show. The Jack Straw->Bertha openers are full force and extended jams, Broken Arrow is fabulous, the second set Help->Slip-> Frank is right on the money, as well. I listen to this show often:

http://www.archive.o...62.sbefail.shnf

yeah, pretty good. '93 was definitely a pretty good year, comparatively.

heres one. i was at this show.

check out the venue. they were gonna tear it down within days i think

JFK stadium.

i dont think there was even running water much less vendors and such. i remember light fixtures hanging from the ceilings and the bathrooms were something from another era.

noone had bottled water. noone had anything. sometimes i wonder what we did. i guess it just works that way when your 19?