The Mother of All Roadtrips...

My 20-yr-old son Brennan & I will be rocketing across this grand continent of ours in just a few short hours. Picture a steering wheel in this guy's hands, and that's us for the next multiple daze.-> :dancing

We are traveling from Southern California to North Adams, MA, and eventually, back again. You do the maps. It should be a grand adventure. :w00t Send vibes!

See you soon, m. chris, Clouds of Fluff, holyshit, and all of you we'll rendezvous with in North Adams!

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

My wife and I drove from Greenville, South Carolina to Los Angeles, CA shortly after we were married. We took the northern route the way there.. The highlight of that trip was of course the rocky mountains. We took the southern route the way back and saw the Grand Canyon... I remember being in complete awe, it literally took my breathe away when it came into view..

It was an amazing trip and I think everyone should experience it at least once in their lifetime.. I know you'll have an awesome experience. :)

Have survived to this point. Have consumed vast quantities of energizing, life-affirming M. Chris hand-crafted pizza and am now ready to forge my way across the second half of this grand country!

For you doubters, there will be pictures. Perhaps even of jackalopes. Somehow I have already taken about 300 pictures. Anybody's guess what's in there.

Just out of curiosity, Donna - why by car? If you calculate the fiscally estimated 0,30 € it costs to run a car per kilometer, you're at 1392,00 € ( ~ $ 1987,00) one way. Given that you also have to get the occasional motel room, I guess you could've bought quite some flight tickets for that money?

Just out of curiosity, Donna - why by car? If you calculate the fiscally estimated 0,30 € it costs to run a car per kilometer, you're at 1392,00 € ( ~ $ 1987,00) one way. Given that you also have to get the occasional motel room, I guess you could've bought quite some flight tickets for that money?

BOOOOOORRRRRIINNNGGGGG!

I am scanning the western horizon .... holler when you come thru Troy! I'll be searching for you manana!

The metric system and Euros make my head hurt

• 2 weeks later...

Home! Yesterday early a.m., actually, but so exhausted that we did nothing but sleep most of yesterday. I'm still cross-eyed with exhaustion and my eyes don't want to focus half the time. :stunned But oh, what a glorious adventure it all was. I took something like 3400 pictures.

To everybody we saw along the way, thank you so much for adding to our grand adventure. And to everybody we missed, perhaps we'll see you next time...Brennan has already begun scheming about our next trip. Crazy kid!

Must go do bushels of laundry!

A bit of what we saw:

Hoover Dam

Grand Canyon

Wilco!

Chicago

Niagara Falls

Buffalo Bill's ranch

the original Pony Express station

Great Salt Lake

Buffalo on Antelope Island in Great Salt Lake

Yosemite

Giant Sequoias

Russian River

Goat Rock beach at Jenner (Northern CA)

Luther Burbank Gardens

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

"America's so big and wide!" to quote Jonathan Rice

Everyone should cross the USA at least once. We live in an amazing country! :cheers

so exhausted that we did nothing but sleep most of yesterday. I'm still cross-eyed with exhaustion and my eyes don't want to focus half the

Exactly! You don't realize how exhausting driving can be until you go on a very long trip. I remember literally sleeping for days after my drive across the country..

Glad you enjoyed the trip!

I can't believe you're just now getting home. What an adventure! You're an amazing mother-and-son tag team. Thanks for the good times, Donna and Brennan. As Mavis would say, "Let's do it again!"

Wow, you guys deserve an award! At least a samosa. Congratulations on making it home, and thanks again for hauling our butts from the Buckeye State and back. It already seems so long ago...