Next Super Bowl Halftime act????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Dylan would be a terrible idea. Love him to death, and I enjoy his recent live sound to an extent, but can you imagine the general public's response?

Kinda surprised they didn't get the call this year, but the Foo Fighters seem like a lock for the near future. Huge, diverse audience and a boatload of hits seems to be the criteria, and they've got it.

But it should be Prince every year 'till there is no Super Bowl anymore.

Kinda surprised they didn't get the call this year, but the Foo Fighters seem like a lock for the near future. Huge, diverse audience and a boatload of hits seems to be the criteria, and they've got it.

This.

I've been saying this for years! I'm surprised they haven't been already. FOO FIGHTERS 2013!

Bob Dylan would be a terrible idea. Love him to death, and I enjoy his recent live sound to an extent, but can you imagine the general public's response?

But it should be Prince every year 'till there is no Super Bowl anymore.

probably an all star post humous (sic) effort .....new 10 year call, then.

and of course yes on the Prince call, a good call, indeed,

a combo raphael saadiq jam just may save our country as we know it.

Read this and find any indication that they'd put an artist as "edgy" (not to must of us, but to the people who put the Super Bowl on TV) as the Foo Fighters there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

Can't believe it wasn't Mellencamp this year since he hasn't done it before. Too much time spent with Meg Ryan these days, I guess.

This is exactly the point. The have a huge following, but they're not mainstream like RS, U2, the Who, etc. This is the Super Bowl we're talking about.

you see the sizes of the places they sell out these days? plus they're right up the 18-40 year old alley the NFL so covets. they're not u2 or peak stones huge, but they are huge, and if the NFL ever decides to go contemporary again, there's your band.

howabouta an allstar 70's jam

FEATURING:

cheap trick rythm section (apologies to Tom peterson)

forieigner dudes ( 'ello, Lou?)

BOC

tallboys fron Styx

Kansas guy

2 southern guitarist bros(not from Hatchett/REO/rossington collins/38 "special")

asian journey guy

adam lambert queen

or

leonard cohen

you see the sizes of the places they sell out these days? plus they're right up the 18-40 year old alley the NFL so covets. they're not u2 or peak stones huge, but they are huge, and if the NFL ever decides to go contemporary again, there's your band.

I don't dispute a word of this. Except it won't ever happen. When it does you can call me out.

Foo Fighters might make it, but I'm thinking they are probably just a bit too unknown. Eagles seem like a sure bet someday. Has John Mellencamp done it yet? He woulda been perfect for this year in Indianapolis and all.

I agree that the Foo Fighters are not quite mainstream enough for the Super Bowl. Looking at the top concert tours from the past few years, the Eagles definitely look like a lock for the Super Bowl in the next couple of years. I have never heard a Brad Paisley song, to my knowledge at least, but the guy rakes it in year after year, and he would play well to the heartland. Carrie Underwood seems like another country star who might appeal to a wide enough audience. And I can't believe John Cougar Mellonhead is not doing it this year from Indy. Next time it is in Indianapolis, it seems like he would be the one. And Justin Bieber wold be hugely popular with a certain demographic.

madonna and co. just

absolutely

killed it.

best super bowl ever.

Don't know if you are being serious or sardonic, but Crow says "It sure didn't suck".