What does your upcoming concert schedule look like?

Even though I'm already going to two concerts the next week (St. Vincent and Justin Townes Earle), I'm determined to make these work:

Beach House - The 40 Watt, Athens, Georgia

Heartless Bastards - The 40 Watt

Mostly because the 40 Watt is such a great venue, but I may not get another chance to see those two bands at such a small place.

I enjoyed heartless bastards show quite a bit.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed heartless bastards show quite a bit.

Cool thanks. It's always good to get feedback from other concert goers.

I really love their latest album Arrow. The Mountain, not so much, but maybe it's a grower. Those are the only two I have heard so far.

Finally looking up.

Matthew Sweet

Radiohead

Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples (maybe)

Hopefully some Wilco (MassMOCA?)

Maybe the Moe.down, depends on the lineup

Maybe Phish at SPAC, but I hate that place.

There's a bunch I'm watching and waiting for.

Cool thanks. It's always good to get feedback from other concert goers.

I really love their latest album Arrow. The Mountain, not so much, but maybe it's a grower. Those are the only two I have heard so far.

I love Arrow and had not heard any of their other albums. saw dr. dog earlier the same night and even though I love dr. dog, the heartless bastards show was more enjoyable.

I think the smaller venue plus my affection for Arrow both helped tremendously.

Here's the explanation of the podcast from the Nerdist website, which you may have found:

Nerdist Podcast

I am Chris Hardwick. I am on TV a lot and have a blog at nerdist.com. This podcast is basically just me talking about stuff and things with my two nerdy friends Jonah Ray and Matt Mira, and usually someone more famous than all of us. Occasionally we swear because that is fun. I hope you like it, but if you don't I'm sure you will not hesitate to unfurl your rage in the 'reviews' section because that's how the Internet works.

You can download episodes from iTunes if you're curious. They're taking the podcast on the road in March and April; I'm not sure if they'll have guests at those shows, or if the three of them will just talk about stuff.

If I remember correctly, Chris and some buddies released that hilarious song that was a spoof of the White Town song, 'Your Woman'-'Your Wookie' under the moniker Rodeohead. Chris also hosted that dating show on MTV in the '90s-was it called 'Singled Out' or something to that effect.

• 1 month later...

Justin Townes Earle, May 5 at the Park West (Chicago).

Let me know how that goes. I'm seeing him on the 23rd. I'm curious to see what kind of line-up he's bringing on this tour (or if any line-up at all).

May 11, 12: St. Vincent in Chicago and Minneapolis

I'm seeing her on the 23rd in Knoxville. I'm not a huge fan, but heard she puts on an excellent show, and not just because she's excellent to look at.