What does your upcoming concert schedule look like?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got:

Only Sons on Feb 29th at Honest Pint

Of Montreal on April 6 at Track 29

Wilco on May 11 at Sloss Furnace in B-ham

also probably a couple Rhett Miller dates when he plays in support of his new record that comes out at the end of May this summer.

I've got:

Only Sons on Feb 29th at Honest Pint

Of Montreal on April 6 at Track 29

Wilco on May 11 at Sloss Furnace in B-ham

also probably a couple Rhett Miller dates when he plays in support of his new record that comes out at the end of May this summer.

Besides Wilco, Ive never seen any of those bands. Hear good things about Of Montreal though

Only Sons are sort of a local alt.country group out of Nashville. They're really good.

Rhett Miller is the singer from Old 97's. Equally good, and an amazing person to boot. I've seen him with/without Old 97's at least 20 times.

I hardly go to any shows anymore, so my upcoming concert schedule is (for me) absolutely crazy:

March 10: Elton John in Orlando

March 15: Experience Hendrix in Clearwater (Featuring Billy Cox, David Hidalgo & Cesar Rosas Of Los Lobos, Jonny Lang, Robert Randolph, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dweezil Zappa, Robby Krieger, Eric Johnson, Brad Whitford of Aerosmith, Bootsy Collins, Slide Brothers, Chris Layton Of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, etc)

April 21: Buddy Guy in Gainesville

May 5: Beach Boys 50th Reunion Tour in Tampa

May 14: Wilco in Tampa

Not too much on the horizon right now for me - Lucero in March & Delta Spirit in May.

Bummed that I'm missing DBTs out here in March too, but they picked a night my wife works & I'm on kid duty (though it's an all-ages show and I was tempted... but no, not yet :)).

I hardly go to any shows anymore, so my upcoming concert schedule is (for me) absolutely crazy:

March 10: Elton John in Orlando

March 15: Experience Hendrix in Clearwater (Featuring Billy Cox, David Hidalgo & Cesar Rosas Of Los Lobos, Jonny Lang, Robert Randolph, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dweezil Zappa, Robby Krieger, Eric Johnson, Brad Whitford of Aerosmith, Bootsy Collins, Slide Brothers, Chris Layton Of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, etc)

April 21: Buddy Guy in Gainesville

May 5: Beach Boys 50th Reunion Tour in Tampa

May 14: Wilco in Tampa

FYI Radiohead will be in Tampa next wednesday, its the only show of the tour that isnt sold out yet.

If you've never seen them I highly recommend it.

I'm pretty excited about some of the upcoming shows I'm going to. (Some more than others. . .)

March 21--Rufus Wainwright at the Jefferson, Charlottesville

March 30 and 31--both Tweedy solo shows at the Vic!!!

April 18--Drive-By Truckers at the Norva, Norfolk

May 24--St. Vincent at the National, Richmond

Here's one I'd like an opinion from you guys on--Minus the Bear. They're right here in Norfolk at the Norva on Saturday night and tickets are just $20. Worth seeing?

I'm torn about this Sunday night: Galactic and Steel Pulse at House of Blues (Boston), but it's also the Academy Awards, a night I usually spend watching with my wife (a real movie buff). She's encouraging me to go, "you can dvr the Oscars"), but I will be a game time decision.

Other than that, pretty slim pickings in the immediate future:

Furthur on April 5

Barr Brothers on May 15

Maybe, Los Lobos and zlevon on March 30, and maybe Cowboy Junkies on March 8.

Oh yeah, Jazz Fest, first weekend in May. Can't forget about that!

I'm pretty excited about some of the upcoming shows I'm going to. (Some more than others. . .)

March 21--Rufus Wainwright at the Jefferson, Charlottesville

March 30 and 31--both Tweedy solo shows at the Vic!!!

April 18--Drive-By Truckers at the Norva, Norfolk

May 24--St. Vincent at the National, Richmond

Here's one I'd like an opinion from you guys on--Minus the Bear. They're right here in Norfolk at the Norva on Saturday night and tickets are just $20. Worth seeing?

I saw them in chicago a few months ago. they're very talented, show was only about 90 minutes. the crowd is pretty much all hipsters.

for $20 I would definitely check them out

Really?! Great band in a great little venue...I wonder if I could make this? Hmmm.

Oh you should try. The Belly Up is my favorite venue here in SoCal. The DBTs in that place is gonna be awesome. The wife and I already got the following day off from work so we ca enjoy the late night.

http://www.bellyup.com/show/detail/55370

Right now the only thing I have bought tickets for is:

The Magnetic Fields - March 30th

A bit of a concert drought right now...

Drive-By Truckers - March 22nd

John K Samson - March 31st

Great minds think alike...that's 2/3rds of the bands I'm wanting to see but haven't quite committed to yet:

Elliott Brood, March 3rd

Drive-By Truckers, March 14th

John K. Samson, April 6th

Money's tight with son Tom getting married in March, so I'm trying to behave, but these shows tempt!