Red Rocks

Camden

Brooklyn

Brooklyn

Newport

Hartford

depending on how insane i really am....

Cooperstown and VT

Would be glad to buy you a beer (Red rocks both nights). Let me know where and when!

Would be glad to buy you a beer (Red rocks both nights). Let me know where and when!

Soooo psyched for this trip! I unfortunately no longer consume alcohol (well, fortunately for the rest of the world) but i'd be happy to buy you one.....would definitely share a puff with ya thou ;)

Going to

Red Rocks (Hi Diane)

Red Rocks

Newport

Hartford

maybe one night in Brooklyn

Really psyched for Red Rocks-I've never been and so looking forward to a weekend that goes by very slowly....

Going to

Red Rocks (Hi Diane)

Red Rocks

Newport

Hartford

maybe one night in Brooklyn

Really psyched for Red Rocks-I've never been and so looking forward to a weekend that goes by very slowly....

:wave I'm so excited for Red Rocks too!

All opinions were weighed. My own worry that three consecutive nights of Wilco would be "too much" were thrown overboard. Et, voila! One more night of heaven for me. YAY is right!

you really cant find a better venue. they love playing there too and always rawk it out.

Soooo psyched for this trip! I unfortunately no longer consume alcohol (well, fortunately for the rest of the world) but i'd be happy to buy you one.....would definitely share a puff with ya thou ;)

:thumbup

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, for me it'll be...

1) Camden, N.J.- July 21st

2) Brooklyn, N.Y.- July 23rd

3) Brooklyn, N.Y.- July 24th

4) Cooperstown, N.Y.- July 28th

5) North Adams/Mass MoCA- July 31st

6) Hartford, CT- August 1st

7) Rochester, N.Y.- August 3rd

I saw someone else did this, so now (I'm adding this the day after my original post), I'd ask what # shows these are for you? Nice if you can add the details of which tour, how many times a tour & if you can that far- the locations for the shows...for some this could be a rather long & detailed list...as one person has already mentioned that the 3 shows they are seeing this tour represent #26-28 for them.

I saw them for the first time in Detroit last December. I was so blown away & am so crazy about "The Whole Love", which they feature liberal amounts of, that I decided to go as whole hog as I could & try to hit as many shows within a 6 hour radius as I comfortably could.

Soooooo...these are shows #2 through #8 for me.

Correction...Make that 8 shows, & in 14 days no less...whew!

4) Manhattan, N.Y.- July 25th

5) Cooperstown, N.Y.- July 28th

6) North Adams/Mass MoCA- July 31st

7) Hartford, CT- August 1st

8) Rochester, N.Y.- August 3rd

:)

Correction...Make that 8 shows, & in 14 days no less...whew!

4) Manhattan, N.Y.- July 25th

6) North Adams/Mass MoCA- July 31st

7) Hartford, CT- August 1st

8) Rochester, N.Y.- August 3rd

:)

What? No Essex, VT? No Newport, RI?

What? No Essex, VT? No Newport, RI?

LOL...I gotta sleep, see some acupuncture clients of mine, & draw the line somewhere... ;)

And actually the 2012 Grassroots Festival (I'm a big Donna The Buffalo fan & they pretty much steer that show) is taking place July 19-22 right before this...sooooo it's even more intense than the 8 shows in 14 days with Wilco...and my friends The Hi-Risers have a record release show at 11 pm on Aug. 3rd & are playing on the beach at my fave local venue on Aug. 5th....whirlwind few weeks that is going to be for sure!

This is truly tragic.  How can you stand it?!

It isn't easy. However, the Minnesota trip with my husband and kids ought to be fun, so it does lessen the pain! It's our "big" summer vacation. But of course the Rochester, MN show doesn't work out either! Grrrr.....

It had been 5 years between Wilco shows for me until I saw them last December, so this missed live show spell is short in comparison. 

2013! 2013!

2013! 2013!

I am truly not trying to be a downer with this, which came from Wilco a few weeks ago:

"And in just two weeks, they begin the last US leg of The Whole Love Tour with a 2-night stand at one of America's most gorgeous venues -- Red Rocks in Morrison, CO. From those epic Colorado nights through the end of summer, most of you will have one last chance to see the band for before they downshift into the semi-hiatus of recording mode for much of 2013."

Solid Sound is on their calendar for 2013. Maybe next year's big summer vacation could be in New England?

I am truly not trying to be a downer with this, which came from Wilco a few weeks ago:

"And in just two weeks, they begin the last US leg of The Whole Love Tour with a 2-night stand at one of America's most gorgeous venues -- Red Rocks in Morrison, CO. From those epic Colorado nights through the end of summer, most of you will have one last chance to see the band for before they downshift into the semi-hiatus of recording mode for much of 2013."

Solid Sound is on their calendar for 2013. Maybe next year's big summer vacation could be in New England?

Now that you mention that, I recall reading that news too. Apparently I repressed it!

I could handle a Massachusetts vacation. What's the saying--"when you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen"? If it doesn't work out, then...2014! 2014! I'm patient.

4) NYC - July 25th

Luckily my supervisor understands this is "Wilco Week" and I won't be going out of town for work.