Wilco (The Forgotten Album)

I've lost sight of what we were really talking about here, and that is, why don't they play anything from this album? When was the last time they played something from it? (consults WilcoBase)...... They played Bull Black Nova last October, and haven't played more than one song from that album in concert in about a year, maybe more.

Is it possible that they don't like it? Or do those songs bring back some sort of bad memories?

Country Disappeared was a scratch from the 6/1/13 Nelsonville show due to an abbreviated set

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Country Disappeared was a scratch from the 6/1/13 Nelsonville show due to an abbreviated set

I was at the Nelsonville truncated set, and when I read that afterwards it was the thing that disappointed me the most...I absolutely love that song!!!

I freakin love Walken. I'm in the minority though SBS is my favorite album. I love every song on WTA except Everlasting Everything. Granted all the songs are kind of stand alone, the album doesn't flow anywhere near as nicely as well...anything before it. I would shit if they played Country Disappeared at a show I was attending. I'll cross my fingers for the new jersey americanarama date I'm going to. Yeah, not gonna happen.

I would shit if they played Country Disappeared at a show I was attending. I'll cross my fingers for the new jersey americanarama date I'm going to. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Correctamundo. Could happen, but highly unlikely.

I'm always thrilled when they break out Magazine Called Sunset at a show, but I know it's unlikely. Best to keep the expectations in check.

I'm sure there are people out there who don't much like Sunken Treasure or Poor Places

Is Poor Places a commonly disliked song? The version on Kicking Television is probably one of my favorite recordings they have ever done. Theres something brilliant about that song, it's so simple but just...perfect.

Yeah, I think those songs are considered classics by most Wilco fans. But I don't claim to know much about what people like or dislike. They have such an extensive catalogue at this point, especially when you factor in Mermaid Ave., that there is a lot to choose from. I doubt that I'll ever find anything I like better than the run from Being There through AGIB, but many people on here are thrilled with the later releases. My go-to stuff might not be someone else's, and I accept that. Now that I have camped out in this thread a while, I may actually break out W(TA) and SBS...as soon as I finish listening to the Solid Sound covers show. :lol

call me crazy, but i consider You never know as one of their best tunes!. traveling wilburys revisited!

I think the music sounds exactly like Petty's "Jammin' Me." But I still like it.

I love every album wilco releases. But each in a different way.

W(TA) in retrospect seems like a perfect bridge between SBS and TWL. I think sonically TWL blends the best elements from the 2 records that came before it by the current line up. I don't think it is really fair to judge the earlier records against the 07 to present albums because it was entirely a different line up.

I also love every album Wilco releases... They are by far my favorite band and there is never too much criticism from me toward them... Jeff and the boys have given me so much and I said to my wife tonight that no other band has spoken to me like Wilco... Sure there are some songs I don't like, but overall I can find the good in each album