Wilco (The Forgotten Album)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves, they typically don't play many songs from the previous album in their shows. My guess is always that they just played those songs a ton on the previous tour, so there's no real good reason to play a bunch of them again.

However, there isn't a standout song on that album that would be worth playing anyway.

If memory serves, they typically don't play many songs from the previous album in their shows. My guess is always that they just played those songs a ton on the previous tour, so there's no real good reason to play a bunch of them again.

I don't know...

They played a lot of Yankee on the Ghost tour. They played a lot of Ghost on the Sky Blue Sky Tour. They played Your Are My Face, Hate it Here, and Walken a lot on the WTA tour.

This exclusion of WTA seems to be the exception to me.

However, there isn't a standout song on that album that would be worth playing anyway.

Just your opinion, not a fact. In my opinion there are more standout tracks on Wilco The Album than on The Whole Love. One Wing, Country Disappeared, You Never Know, Wilco (the song), Sonny Feeling are the ones I'd pick.

Tweedy has said in interviews that they quit playing a lot of songs from that record too soon and maybe they should've played 'em more often for a longer period of time. I guess that is why they are still playing so many songs from The Whole Love, ones that personally, I could do without. I'll be glad when they only play a few songs from The Whole Love (hoping) Art of Almost, One Sunday Morning and Open Mind. The rest of 'em I'm tired of, except for Standing O, which seems to have already fallen by the wayside, unfortunately for me.

They have played "One Wing" and "Bull Black Nova" many times since "The Whole Love" has come out.

As the original poster said, we're four shows in to this leg. There might be one or two songs from the previous album, but they don't emphasize it.

Because it's one of their worst.

No, people who don't like it knock it because they don't like it. People who like it don't knock it.

People who state their opinions as if they are facts sound extremely arrogant to me. It seems they think their opinions matter more than those of others. Oh, well, there are all kinds of people out there, some are just less pleasant to interact with.

People who state their opinions as if they are facts sound extremely arrogant to me. It seems they think their opinions matter more than those of others. Oh, well, there are all kinds of people out there, some are just less pleasant to interact with.

Shug, meet the internet.

I feel you, though, as the morons say.

Because it's one of their worst.

Don't agree, but that's what makes the world go 'round. Or to look at it another way, it could be one of Wilco's "worst", but it's still an excellent album in my view. That just speaks to the strength of the Wilco catalog. So, with that in mind, I guess I don't take issue with your comment. Now, if someone were to post that it's a lousy album, I would definitely disagree with that.

I doubt that they've dropped this album entirely from the setlists. I would be surprised if One Wing or BBN don't soon make an appearance. To my surprise, One Wing has become one of my favorites at a Wilco show.

I don't see how you can like the Wilco catalog enough to search out a forum to discuss them and think that W(TA) is anything other than their worst or 2nd worst album. It is an opinion to be sure, but it's so clearly an opinion that it doesn't need to be prefaced by "I think". Now, many people around here would tell you it's not just their worst, but not a very good album no matter who put it out. I like it. There's only a few songs I dislike, but compared to the rest of their catalog, (I think) it's just not that good.

I don't see how you can like the Wilco catalog enough to search out a forum to discuss them and think that W(TA) is anything other than their worst or 2nd worst album. It is an opinion to be sure, but it's so clearly an opinion that it doesn't need to be prefaced by "I think". Now, many people around here would tell you it's not just their worst, but not a very good album no matter who put it out. I like it. There's only a few songs I dislike, but compared to the rest of their catalog, (I think) it's just not that good.

I'll take the front half of W(TA) over the back half of SBS any day. While I loved the production on SBS and still do, it's a little wooly and claustrophobic, it makes W(TA) sound really open and clear. I'd say, of course, that the sound of TWL splits the difference between warm/intimate and open/smooth- that and I think the song quality control is higher through the entire new album.

I listened to WTA in the car yesterday for the first time in a while, and man it's just not that good. Especially now being able to hold it up against Whole Love, wow such a difference in how the songs were fleshed out. Glad they got back to form!

We got Country Disappeared in Miami and I was thrilled. Also always like Wilco the Song and You'll Never Know is fun....Bull Black Nova (anything wrong with that). One Wing is great live as well.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Guest Jules

In my opinion there are more standout tracks on Wilco The Album than on The Whole Love.

Opinions are just fine, but this is one opinion that happens to be wrong.

I've never understood why some people need to see "I think..." or "It is my belief that..." before every opinion made on an internet message board. Of course these are opinions. However, I would think that the vast majority of people would find Wilco (the album) to be one of the band's worst. This isn't meant to convey that the entire album sucks, but rather that it just is not as good as most, if not all, of the rest of their catalog.

There are probably only a couple of songs from it that I would want to hear in the future. That's the case with Sky Blue Sky also. These are the two worst albums in Wilco's catalog. On a more global scale, I would consider both of those albums to be mediocre at best. Not only can many bands do better than those two albums, I know that Wilco can do a lot better. That's why they are frustrating.

I've never understood why some people need to see "I think..." or "It is my belief that..." before every opinion made on an internet message board. Of course these are opinions. However, I would think that the vast majority of people would find Wilco (the album) to be one of the band's worst. This isn't meant to convey that the entire album sucks, but rather that it just is not as good as most, if not all, of the rest of their catalog.

There are probably only a couple of songs from it that I would want to hear in the future. That's the case with Sky Blue Sky also. These are the two worst albums in Wilco's catalog. On a more global scale, I would consider both of those albums to be mediocre at best. Not only can many bands do better than those two albums, I know that Wilco can do a lot better. That's why they are frustrating.

I agree with almost all of this except that SBS is in the same league. A couple of weak tracks, but I like it as much as AGIB, BT, ST.

I agree with almost all of this except that SBS is in the same league. A couple of weak tracks, but I like it as much as AGIB, BT, ST.

The back half of SBS just bores me to tears. I can't really remember the last time I listened to anything after Side With the Seeds.

I am of the "all Wilco albums are great some are just greater" Each album has some weaker songs or songs that dont resonate with me. I like a bunch of the stuff on WTA and there are several songs I dislike .. anyway would love to hear One Wing when I am in Chicago .. think I will request it now.