Wilco on Jimmy Fallon July 25

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister won tickets to see fallon, and by pure luck it happened to be for this day. She invited me and i'm real bummed i can't go, especially because Zach Galifinakis is one of the guests. But i'm seeing Wilco 3 times that week, and i'm pretty certain they won't play anything i'm not going to hear at any of the shows.

They played Born Alone on Letterman, Whole Love on Conan, and Dawned on Me for the Conan web exclusive so all of those songs are out for Jimmy Fallon. On the Wilco facebook page, they posted a photo of the rehearsal, and Nels had the green Hopf guitar, Jeff had an SG, and Pat was at his keyboard station so I'm with Andrew, it's Capitol City. (Unless it's Art of Almost and Jeff picked up his guitar early before Pat came out from his keyboard station and picked up his Tele.)

They played Born Alone on Letterman, Whole Love on Conan, and Dawned on Me for the Conan web exclusive so all of those songs are out for Jimmy Fallon. On the Wilco facebook page, they posted a photo of the rehearsal, and Nels had the green Hopf guitar, Jeff had an SG, and Pat was at his keyboard station so I'm with Andrew, it's Capitol City. (Unless it's Art of Almost and Jeff picked up his guitar early before Pat came out from his keyboard station and picked up his Tele.)

At the same time I have seen Jeff pick up his guitar early and I don't see a capo on 3 like you would for Capitol City. Hm....?

The clips are already up on the internet and Gina Gershon is still talking on Jimmy Fallon. How does that work?

(Yes, I know it was taped this afternoon, just surprised the clips are out before the show is over.)

http://consequenceof...n-jimmy-fallon/

Thanks for the link. Both songs sounded great. I love the small stage/intimate feel of it. I'm hoping we get something like that in the 1000 capacity Hunter Center at MASS MoCA next week.