Hooray, the forum's back !

The forum is back! There was a little fix that needed to be done, but we're in the process of transferring control of the tech side of things, and this fell through the cracks. I've been told that our current techie guru is going to "do a full backup today and probably do an OS restore/upgrade on Tue evening, with the site being down for possibly up to 24-48 hours (hopefully much much less than that if all goes well, but just giving worst case scenario)." Then things should be transferred over to the new tech person, and we'll go on from there.

I'll keep you posted if anything changes, but for now, that's the plan.

So: prepare to settle in on Tuesday for a day or so of entertaining yourself with the Olympics and whatever else is available to you, and we'll be back sometime Wednesday-Thursday in tip-top fighting shape.

:wave

Yeah, I type in forums.viachicago.org, and it gets me here. :)

Looks like we were down, but we're back? I'm hoping that was it, but I'll keep you posted if I get further updates.

Admittedly, I know little about the internet but during the downtime, I Googled viachicago and porchlight viachicago was one of the choices. I clicked on it and it took me to VC. What was/is that all about? Thank you.

I believe it's a mirror site, it'll just re-direct you to viachicago.org. I just tried it: forums.viachicago.org or porchlight.viachicago.org will get you to the same home page, but click on any thread and you're taken to viachicago.org. Just an admin/tech thing, I know Solace runs a couple of different web sites, I think he's got some tricks for keeping them all straight on the server.

Thanks. The internet is truly a wonder!

For anyone who missed this in the Announcements thread:

Upgrade isn't going to happen this week... ran into some other snags, i'll keep you posted about when it'll happen (hopefully in the next week or two)

Thanks