By popular demand...albums you hate by artists you love.

A Lucky Town EP would have kept him off this list for me. I saw Springsteen around this time, with that non-E Street backing band. I found it to be a joke. One of the 5 worst concerts I have seen.

Ha, another topic…worst concerts by favorite bands.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Gonna Crawl is the song I like.

Yeah, that's a good tune, if a little different thing than what we're used to with Zeppelin. I always thought it had kind of a 50s vibe, it sort of presages the sort of thing Robert would pursue with The Honeydrippers a few years later. And Page achieves liftoff for a few brief moments in his solo.

Ha, another topic…worst concerts by favorite bands.

I'll say this - I love The Dead more than any band ever, but I had a half dozen shows or so where I felt like I should have went to the office and asked for a refund. But that's why we love 'em, right?  :D

The weird thing is the next night (or the night before) you could have walked out of the show and felt like you'd just witnessed some kind of epiphany. It was so nice to have that sort of leeway - I have never given any other group that much latitude with my time and money.

Yeah, that's a good tune, if a little different thing than what we're used to with Zeppelin. I always thought it had kind of a 50s vibe, it sort of presages the sort of thing Robert would pursue with The Honeydrippers a few years later. And Page achieves liftoff for a few brief moments in his solo.

I recall listening to that Honeydrippers tape. I may still have it. I guess that song gets compared to Since I've Been Loving You - due to the fact it's a blues song. 

I recall listening to that Honeydrippers tape. I may still have it. I guess that song gets compared to Since I've Been Loving You - due to the fact it's a blues song. 

i love the honeydrippers ep. and i'll stand in the fire and say I'm gonna crawl is a better song than Since i've loving you. Rumour has it that during the rehearsals for the US 80 tour when bonham died, they were rehearsing Carouselambra to replace Achilles last stand for that tour. and they didnt play Achilles on their very final show in Berlin 7/7//80 after being in every show on the 77, 79, 80 tours... conspiracy theory!

It has at least two really good songs sandwiched between the crap.

Rebels and Don't Come Around Here No More I assume. I agree that is the consensus.

I'm not a fan of either. DCAHNM's drums bug me to no end. I actually left a Petty show at Summerfest because of this one. I regret doing that - was just not feeling the show and then the terrible drum beat kicked in. That was the tour when the Crowes opened. Summerfest in Milwaukee

I knew REM would be on here the second I saw the title.

Funny thing is, those later records are what got me into them. I saw the overplayed video for Losing My Religion a zillion times and the other thing I knew was Shiny Happy People, which I thought was total corn. Probably saw the Everybody Hurts video, too. Then I saw the Kenneth video and used a BMG CD selection on it. I think it's a great album. I just happened to see the REM by MTV documentary last week, so I listened to Reveal. I think it's great, too. It would be a little better if they used real instruments instead of the electronic/synthesized versions in places, but it never goes too far imo. I'm sure I have more in depth posts on the last REM thread circa Collapse Into Now.

I dig The Rising Tide and Hail to the Thief, too. Could these records benefit from some pruning? Sure.

Ironic thing about these hated albums of the 90's/00's - since vinyl wasn't as popular, a lot of these weren't printed in big numbers, so now their vinyl copies are worth a bunch, but you can get most on CD for next to nothing. I guess the people who were long time fans and hated the albums still bought the vinyl to complete their collections.

Rebels and Don't Come Around Here No More I assume. I agree that is the consensus.

I'm not a fan of either. DCAHNM's drums bug me to no end. I actually left a Petty show at Summerfest because of this one. I regret doing that - was just not feeling the show and then the terrible drum beat kicked in. That was the tour when the Crowes opened. Summerfest in Milwaukee

I don't really care for that album - but the song Southern Accents is great. It's sort of interesting to check out the songs on the Playback box set that were meant for that album. I think Tom recently apologized for using the Confederate flag on that tour - in the midst of all that Confederate flag stuff going on a while back.

"Around The Sun" by R.E.M. The absolute worst. I'm not counting the "Live" album - just judging the studio output. I'm so glad they turned it around somewhat with "Accelerate" and "Collapse Into Now" before calling it a day.

I don't really care for that album - but the song Southern Accents is great. It's sort of interesting to check out the songs on the Playback box set that were meant for that album. I think Tom recently apologized for using the Confederate flag on that tour - in the midst of all that Confederate flag stuff going on a while back.

I love the song Southern Accents, and I am a fan of It Ain't Nothin' to Me as well (love the live version off of Pack Up the Plantation).