By popular demand...albums you hate by artists you love.

You're not the first person to say something like this. I don't know what happened?! The "Avocado" album was pretty amazing.

I'm not sure which R.E.M. album I'd put up in this list. I'd really have to look at the track listing for any album after New Adventures In Hi-Fi.

Edited after my lil trip to Wiki: Well, the fact that I completely forgot that Collapse Into Now existed or if I even listened to it achieves the status. You can easily take the best tracks from Up, Reveal, Around The Sun, and Accelerate to make one fine playlist.

Just because you forgot about it doesn't mean it's a bad album.. There are 5 or 6 real strong songs on the album and the lyrics are pretty good! Give it another spin :)

I never got along with that one either...

Saw Radiohead on this tour and the live versions were great I love hail to the thief I think it's much stronger than in rainbows or amnesiac
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Radiohead on this tour and the live versions were great I love hail to the thief I think it's much stronger than in rainbows or amnesiac

I agree some of the songs are among my favorite RH songs. There there and 2+2=5 are great. There is some filler there, and while it's not in the Bends or OK Computer range I do find it easier to listen to than the last couple of albums.

Infrared Roses- GD

I listened to about 3 minutes of this when it first came out and likely not another note since.

I actually love that album.  Need to get that out.  The goofy early 90s graphics are great.

blasphemy!  :stunned  (its better than Houses of the holy)

i am with Anthony on this one. You may be out of your mind.

HotH has two of Zep's finest songs in " No Quarter" and " The Rain Song". And "The Ocean" and "Dancin' Days" are solid. "The Crunge" is the only true weak spot really.

By comparison ITTOD has "In The Evening" and "Carouselambra"

i am with Anthony on this one. You may be out of your mind.

HotH has two of Zep's finest songs in " No Quarter" and " The Rain Song". And "The Ocean" and "Dancin' Days" are solid. "The Crunge" is the only true weak spot really.

By comparison ITTOD has "In The Evening" and "Carouselambra"

there's nothing wrong with most songs on HotH. its the production that bugs me. robert's voice sounds like he's inhaled too much helium and it has a "thin" sound to it. the songs sounded much better live, even through average bootlegs. ITTOD has a much more mature feel to it and roberts voice was much better (and i'm including the outtakes that ended up on Coda)

Weezer: everything after Pinkerton.

Also, Braid did not need to reunite. 'No Coast' should be redacted.

Agree 100% on Weezer. Just absolute garbage for the last 20 years.

Disagree on Braid. I think No Coast is great and the songs come off really well live. Saw them a couple of weeks ago for the first time in 17 years and they were just as good.

Agreed, I dont know if there are enough good songs between the two of these to make one good album. 

Human Touch is pretty bad.  Lucky Town had some good tunes I thought.  The interesting thing about that album is that every song starts with that reverse guitar strum close to the bridge.  I thought I read somewhere that those albums were like songwriting experiments for Bruce.

"57 channels and nothing on." 

Disagree on Braid. I think No Coast is great and the songs come off really well live. Saw them a couple of weeks ago for the first time in 17 years and they were just as good.

I think my difficulty with it is that Chris Broach, to his credit, actually learned how to sing instead of just shouting "yeah!". His new singing voice severely changes the character of the band when he sings lead, which seemed like 60% of the time on the new record. I still dig the Bob tunes though.

Pink Floyd - Anything post Roger Waters

Rolling Stones- Anything after 1981

This is the best thing I've read in this thread.

As far as Zep's ITTOD goes I will say this: it's not horrible, I don't hate it, but it was pretty damn disappointing to me when it came out. Coming on the heels of what I consider to be Page's hard rock guitar masterpiece it just pales in comparison. I've never heard Page sound so lazy. Really, the only things on there that hold my attention are the opening of In The Evening, and Bonzo's work on Fool In The Rain. What Zeppelin had more than any other band in the genre was consistency - it's kind of a shame that this (imo) rather lackluster effort was their last while they were still a band.

I'm Gonna Crawl is the song I like.

I think Warpaint contains some great songs. The sound is just weird and Luther's slide work sort of sticks out as odd in some places. The album title is also a bit strange. Reminds me of another band whose recent album title starts with an S.

by the benefit of 2 old brothers i was introduced to Zeppelin by way of rides in their manual Mustangs and Roadrunners while being driven from here to there.

the first Led Zeppelin for me, at the ripe age of 13 was In Through the Out Door. After many early morning paper delivery routes, with the 8 track slung across my paper bag, these are the Zeppelin songs upon which my teeth were cut. Exploring the whole catalog extensively since, this one holds a place on my musical mantle : i was in from the first bombastic guitar break of "in the Evening" sold, and loved the musical history lesson the band explored throughout the entire record. Adventurous and complex, I held nothing close but a passing familiarity of pot ridden sibling taxis from my bros prior to grabbing "my" first  Zeppelin record. I bet its not their favorite. " Hot Dog" "Fool in the Rain" " "carouselambra " "im gonna crawl'. Its fucking zepplelins Sandinista.

Bruce Springsteen - "Human Touch" and "Lucky Town"

Human touch was bruce doing e street band material without the e street band. Crappy 80's production ruining some really good songs (listen to the Christic versions of Soul Driver and Real World).

Bruce was so devoid of ideas that he shared writing credits with Roy bittan and did a half assed rewrite of a sonny boy Williamson song). Most notable for the worst song Bruce ever wrote (Real Man).

Lucky Town is infinitely better in my opinion.

Jon Landau has an entire rap about how the fan base hated the 'other' band because it was largely African American.

I think many Springsteen fans hated the tour because it was inauthentic...it all felt contrived (the fuzzy dice coming out on Roll of the Dice, the pairing up of background singers with band members on Mans's Job). He took no risks (other than the racial makeup of the Band). It was an e street band without the e street band. The very fact he had crystal talifero playing Clarence's role as a foil (even playing the tenor sax on born to run) screamed midlife crisis.

And if I never see a pudgy guitar player in a kimo again, then I will have led a blessed life (Shane fontayne still hasn't lived that down).

The very fact that Bruce survived the early 90's with his mystique and reputation intact is a miracle.

Jon Landau has an entire rap about how the fan base hated the 'other' band because it was largely African American.

I think many Springsteen fans hated the tour because it was inauthentic...it all felt contrived (the fuzzy dice coming out on Roll of the Dice, the pairing up of background singers with band members on Mans's Job). He took no risks (other than the racial makeup of the Band). It was an e street band without the e street band. The very fact he had crystal talifero playing Clarence's role as a foil (even playing the tenor sax on born to run) screamed midlife crisis.

And if I never see a pudgy guitar player in a kimo again, then I will have led a blessed life (Shane fontayne still hasn't lived that down).

The very fact that Bruce survived the early 90's with his mystique and reputation intact is a miracle.

The fact that you know all this stuff is pretty cool.  I wasn't into Bruce at the time, but I remember hearing Human Touch all over.  I also vaguely remember seeing the unplugged and being confused why he wasn't with the E Street Band…especially since his most recent E Street record was his biggest.  I do think some of the songs from Lucky Town would've made a good EP to hold over till Tom Joad and then the massive Rising comeback.  Pretty amazing comeback.

The fact that you know all this stuff is pretty cool.  I wasn't into Bruce at the time, but I remember hearing Human Touch all over.  I also vaguely remember seeing the unplugged and being confused why he wasn't with the E Street Band…especially since his most recent E Street record was his biggest.  I do think some of the songs from Lucky Town would've made a good EP to hold over till Tom Joad and then the massive Rising comeback.  Pretty amazing comeback.

A Lucky Town EP would have kept him off this list for me. I saw Springsteen around this time, with that non-E Street backing band. I found it to be a joke. One of the 5 worst concerts I have seen.