What do you do for a living?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was DS for 20 years but they closed all the Colorado plants so I actually just started at a small diagnostic company 2 months ago. Very different. But my office is a 1 minute walk to Boulder beer so that was a nice feature.

How about you? DS or DP? You currently job hunting?

bummer about the closings. i am in DS, and not job hunting. i am ~2.5 years w/ my current company, after 24 with my previous (including two takeovers).

i take it you were at Amgen? did you know Rob Velchek, Andrew Roberts or Miranda Fan at all?

did you know Rob Velchek?

I know Robert's brother, Michael, very well. I shoot some pics, videos and Periscope for his 80s cover band that plays all over New England. I met Rob once. Nice guy and a small world after all.

bummer about the closings. i am in DS, and not job hunting. i am ~2.5 years w/ my current company, after 24 with my previous (including two takeovers).

i take it you were at Amgen? did you know Rob Velchek, Andrew Roberts or Miranda Fan at all?

The other names are familiar but I definitely know Andy Roberts. Yep Amgen for 17 years.

Well it was DS for 20 years but they closed all the Colorado plants so I actually just started at a small diagnostic company 2 months ago. Very different. But my office is a 1 minute walk to Boulder beer so that was a nice feature.

http://www.biospace.com/News/astrazeneca-plc-buys-production-facility-from/390971?type=email&source=GP_091115

Actually most of the centers I go to call themselves day care, so it isn't a totally pejorative term.  But then again a lot of the store front centers I visit have pretty embarrassing names anyway.

LouieB

The spouse who was a Human Resources Officer for a large, privately held Company that ran Child Care Centers used to give me hell when I said she was a personnel director for a chain of day care centers.

Thats the place I worked.  Got many friends pretty excited about this deal.  Even some people looking to move back to the state to work there.  I know that plant down to the valve but not looking to go back.  Pretty happy with where I'm at even though it's way different.  Tell Andy Hi for me.  Drank a few beers with him back in the day. Smart guy and a hard worker.