Webcast Sunday June 16th from Amsterdam

Sounds and looks great. Jeff’s voice sounds a little shot though. Especially on Whole Love.

Aw, he sounds fine! That “shot” quality is what I love about Jeff’s voice. His voice sounds warm and lived in. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed that webcast. I am so looking forward to Radio City in October!!!!!

I agree about John & Pat’s vocals being virtually non-existent. I definitely missed them on Whole Love.

- Kamera’s intro sounded a bit muted. Not sure if this was also a result of the audio mix.

- How fucking sweet was it to hear Sky Blue Sky again? I wish they’d bring back I Might.

- Loved Bull Black Nova being followed by Not For The Season. Excellent guitar work & a bit different than the last time they were played.

- How To Fight Loneliness was sublime and I’m hoping that this one sticks around through the fall U.S. run

- I’m Always In Love sounds like the way that Jeff wanted it to sound in I Am Trying To Break Heart. Very guitar heavy.

- Misunderstood going into Outtasite was unexpected and awesome.

- Loved Bull Black Nova being followed by Not For The Season. Excellent guitar work & a bit different than the last time they were played..

They really had fun with Not For The Season. It's interesting how it became an acoustic staple and the band kind of took up a similar, tighter version with just some more dynamics and a little guitar weirdness. Now it's like the Loose Fur version again, but more since there's a bigger ensemble. All kinds of playful, avant noodling.

They really had fun with Not For The Season. It's interesting how it became an acoustic staple and the band kind of took up a similar, tighter version with just some more dynamics and a little guitar weirdness. Now it's like the Loose Fur version again, but more since there's a bigger ensemble. All kinds of playful, avant noodling.

Yeah, it had a nice jam at the end, I liked it better than I have in the past. 

Audio mix was not that great, as others noted.  Drums were too loud, especially for Ashes and Nels was too low in the mix for that one.  I think it got better as the show went on, or I got used to it.  At Least That's What You Said was great.  Love all the Sky Blue Sky songs they are playing this tour!

Webcast was great! John's bass sounded particularly sharp to me. Jeff's vocals did seem a little strained in a few places, but aside from that, the band seemed locked in and totally on top of their game. Aside from my usual favorites, I liked "I'll Fight" and "The Joke Explained," which I think were both better than the studio versions. The one thing that occurred to me was that, as great as the band sounded, it's clear they need a new album to promote. The setlist variety is wonderful as always, but it will be nice when it is focused on new material.

Webcast was great! John's bass sounded particularly sharp to me. Jeff's vocals did seem a little strained in a few places, but aside from that, the band seemed locked in and totally on top of their game. Aside from my usual favorites, I liked "I'll Fight" and "The Joke Explained," which I think were both better than the studio versions. The one thing that occurred to me was that, as great as the band sounded, it's clear they need a new album to promote. The setlist variety is wonderful as always, but it will be nice when it is focused on new material.

As always, a variety of opinions will exist, even though mine may be in the minority.  I think the exact opposite, its great to see them NOT play a bunch of new songs that to me are not as good as their older songs.  I don't care for Star Wars or Schmilco and wasn't that crazy about the Whole Love, especially not compared to Sky Blue Sky and A Ghost Is Born and even Wilco the Album.  I'll take songs from 10 years ago anyday over songs from the last three albums.  I also hate the idea of a band "promoting" new material, as if it were primarily product to sell instead of art to enjoy.  Wilco, to me, is a primarily a live band, that is how they make their money, I believe, so keep loyal fans coming back to see show after show with lots of setlist variety and old rarities and yeah, I guess a few new songs for those that like 'em.  I'd like them, too, if they were as good as their old stuff.

The one thing that occurred to me was that, as great as the band sounded, it's clear they need a new album to promote. The setlist variety is wonderful as always, but it will be nice when it is focused on new material.

And then the complaining about lack of setlist variation/how they’re only playing the new stuff can commence. [Edit: I SWEAR Shug’s post and mine crossed in the mail!]

I watched a chunk of it with headphones on during my lunch break, and then most of it at home last night on my TV via the Youtube app.

Agree about sound quality.  Where does Nugs get the sound mix?  Everything sounded flat and out of balance, and I suspect the house mix was better.  I also found the video editing to be like what yo'd see on the Jay Leno show, where the camera stays on Jeff because he's the singer, even though someone else is playing a solo or interesting instrumental part.  It was like the camera operators or editors were not familiar with the songs and missed a lot of the best action. 

I would not sign up for a Nugs account based on this video or audio, but it's always fun to see the band in action.

As always, a variety of opinions will exist, even though mine may be in the minority.  I think the exact opposite, its great to see them NOT play a bunch of new songs that to me are not as good as their older songs.  I don't care for Star Wars or Schmilco and wasn't that crazy about the Whole Love, especially not compared to Sky Blue Sky and A Ghost Is Born and even Wilco the Album.  I'll take songs from 10 years ago anyday over songs from the last three albums.  I also hate the idea of a band "promoting" new material, as if it were primarily product to sell instead of art to enjoy.  Wilco, to me, is a primarily a live band, that is how they make their money, I believe, so keep loyal fans coming back to see show after show with lots of setlist variety and old rarities and yeah, I guess a few new songs for those that like 'em.  I'd like them, too, if they were as good as their old stuff.

It's interesting because, on the one hand, one of the great things about Wilco is that their setlist isn't rigid and they're free to play any song at any moment. And nothing's better than seeing them in a residency type setting with nearly the entire catalog covered. But Wilco is no nostalgia act. They're a contemporary band, and new material keeps the shows fresh and the band's purpose strong. I suspect this will all become moot relatively soon anyway.