I think the other single is actually a Wilco single, not a JT single (maybe Jeff's bonus single from LITK is there too?? But that's on the Wilco store too.) Someone posted pictures of it on the Facebook group, but I can't find it now because Facebook's search features are hot trash. But the A side was definitely Half Life, the Ode to Joy outtake Jeff had played on TTS. The B-side I didn't immediately recognize.

27 minutes ago, TCP said:

I think the other single is actually a Wilco single, not a JT single (maybe Jeff's bonus single from LITK is there too?? But that's on the Wilco store too.) Someone posted pictures of it on the Facebook group, but I can't find it now because Facebook's search features are hot trash. But the A side was definitely Half Life, the Ode to Joy outtake Jeff had played on TTS. The B-side I didn't immediately recognize.

Here’s the Wilco single that you’re talking about. The b-side is I Can’t which I’ve never heard of either. It’s possible that it’s been played on TTS. I don’t have this in my hands, but I’m the one that asked about this other mystery 7 inch because Paul mentioned it in his recap. 

55A0E039-9991-4190-8B5A-8A618C65F0EE.jpeg

02D8CC11-3B73-4C67-A5FF-3A15209E6612.jpeg
Another person in the thread mentioned that there’s a bundle deal if you buy both 7 inch singles.

3 minutes ago, Passenger Sid said:

Also, Google & Twitter provide zero info on last night's concert in Montana. Usually I can find at least a mini-review from a local attendee.

Wilcoworld posted last night’s setlist under the show info. I never thought of checking there, until someone mentioned it. I didn’t see anything either on the places that you brought up. 

36 minutes ago, lost highway said:

How is it no one on here has reviewed this yet?! (I mean, I know logisitically how it's possible).

Two new studio recordings from these guys is big news in my little world.

I agree! It’s really big news to have 2 new songs to listen to this year. Plus, the Sleater-Kinney cover. 

I kinda want to ask over in the FB group, but that usually leads to asking if someone can post the song or if someone can pick up the vinyl. I’ll continue to be patient. 

2 hours ago, u2roolz said:

Wilcoworld posted last night’s setlist under the show info. I never thought of checking there, until someone mentioned it. I didn’t see anything either on the places that you brought up. 

Ok. Great. Thanks for the fyi.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried playing mine last night.   The Wilco side sounds great.  The S-K side has a visible flaw in the vinyl so it skips horribly.  I don’t want to play it any more or it could get further damaged.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas about getting an exchange?

I can't make the Columbus show tonight (my hometown show), so I asked a friend to pick up the singles for me. At 6pm when he checked they were sold out.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:52 PM, u2roolz said:

Here’s the Wilco single that you’re talking about. The b-side is I Can’t which I’ve never heard of either. It’s possible that it’s been played on TTS. I don’t have this in my hands, but I’m the one that asked about this other mystery 7 inch because Paul mentioned it in his recap. 

55A0E039-9991-4190-8B5A-8A618C65F0EE.jpeg

02D8CC11-3B73-4C67-A5FF-3A15209E6612.jpeg
Another person in the thread mentioned that there’s a bundle deal if you buy both 7 inch singles.

So, has anyone heard these two new Wilco studio tracks yet? It's strange there's been literally no reviews of the songs themselves! I wonder how fleshed out "Half Life" is from the acoustic Tweedy Show version. And seemingly nothing at all is known about "I Can't." I'm hoping, at the very least, these songs make their way to streaming or something soon.

4 hours ago, DiamondClaw said:

So, has anyone heard these two new Wilco studio tracks yet? It's strange there's been literally no reviews of the songs themselves! I wonder how fleshed out "Half Life" is from the acoustic Tweedy Show version. And seemingly nothing at all is known about "I Can't." I'm hoping, at the very least, these songs make their way to streaming or something soon.

I have the 45.  "Half Life" is a full band version.  Three guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, three part vocals on the chorus.  Glenn's drums up front in the mix.

"I Can't" is also a full band version.  Two or three guitars, bass, drums, more prominent keyboards, two or three part harmony vocals.  Glenn's drums up front in the mix.

Both songs sound as if they could have been from the "Ode To Joy" sessions.  Same type of feel to the songs as the songs on "Ode To Joy".

• Thanks 2