Surprise Wilco Show on Sunday in Chicago?

2 hours ago, DiamondClaw said:

Very intrigued to see what this is! The Riv and the Vic appear to be available that night...

The only silver lining to the White Sox missing the playoffs is that I'm wide open this Sunday!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chez said:

The only silver lining to the White Sox missing the playoffs is that I'm wide open this Sunday!

Why did you have to ruin this thread by mentioning them???? Ugh. (just kidding - kind of)

Still no more info on this, ay? I guess we don't know this is actually a show. It could be some kind of promotion or Cruel Country physical release party/kick off event or an announcement. But with the last show of the year tomorrow, it would be strange for Chicago to get no concerts on the CC tour.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Chez said:

My Mariners finally break the 21 year draught today in Toronto. Series will probably go 3 games with the Ms taking it (hopefully). If they can pull it off I've got 1 ticket for the first home game of the ALDS. If things go even better & we beat the Houston Cheaters (tough 1), I've got 1 ticket for the first home game of the ALCS. I was at the games the last time we were in the postseason. It's a lot more expensive now. I can only sort of afford 1 game a series. The country needs to get ready for Julio Rodriguez in the spotlight. All indications are that he thrives in that situation. Evidence: the HR derby this year. I think there's a pretty good chance that this kid (age 21) is going to be the face of baseball for a long time. He's been a joy to watch. I noticed that he's the only player out there signing autographs for kids before every game. He seems to have his head on right unlike say Tatis in San Diego. GO Ms!!!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nalafej said:

Ha, seems really possible your back deck could fit more people than Hideout.

Haha.  The Hideout is small, but my back deck could likely accommodate Glenn's drum kit (but not much else), and that's only if he leaves behind the big gong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Chez said:

Haha.  The Hideout is small, but my back deck could likely accommodate Glenn's drum kit (but not much else), and that's only if he leaves behind the big gong.

If neither your deck nor the Hideout work out, I just redid my patio with a 10'x12' gazebo and am happy to make that available for an intimate Wilco stage. Fire pit reserved for White Sox grumblings and laments!

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, DiamondClaw said:

If neither your deck nor the Hideout work out, I just redid my patio with a 10'x12' gazebo and am happy to make that available for an intimate Wilco stage. Fire pit reserved for White Sox grumblings and laments!

Count me in!!!

• Like 1
On 10/7/2022 at 9:48 AM, DiamondClaw said:

How about those Mariners! I've recovered from the heart attack during the game yesterday. I'm so there for game 3 against the Houston Cheaters. Woo hoo!

Given the social media post, my hunch is that it'd be a venue that could accommodate more than a small crowd? Perhaps that's wishful thinking. But what would we be without it.

We just moved back to the area after 18 years away (and first date was to the first Otto's show in 2004) so it'd be such a treat to catch the guys for a surprise gig.

• Like 1
When we thought about celebrating Cruel Country in Chicago, only one place came to mind: Carol's Pub.
Surprise! The box office opens at noon and Wilco hits the stage at 7p.
- Box office opens at noon
- No online purchases
- Ages 21+
- $25 per wristband
- Two wristbands per person
- First come first served
- Doors open at 5:30px