Solid Sound Festival 2024 lineup

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Bbop deserves his own hand-picked setlist show, with the man himself being in attendance reclining on a red velvet chaise longue at the side of the stage being fed grapes by a specially flown

That looks more like a slight graze with a bit of itching. I would guess attendees would want an amputation.  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, nalafej said:

At Solid Sound? AMF came out in 2014 so would that have been SS13 or SS15?

2015 I guess: 

All acoustic show on Friday: https://wilcoworld.net/tour_date_type/26-june-2015-mass-moca-north-adams-ma/

"Deep cuts" on Saturday: https://wilcoworld.net/tour_date_type/27-june-2015-solid-sound-festival-north-adams-ma/

• Like 1

There was one night in either the original Residency or (more likely) the first winterlude where they played a really weird set - maybe more bleak than deep - that Jeff said “would never happen again” or something like that. 

I don’t recall a deep cuts set at SSF tho. 

I’m sure bbop would know….

• Haha 1
On 4/13/2024 at 1:42 PM, theashtraysays said:

I don’t recall a deep cuts set at SSF tho. 

I’m sure bbop would know….

Oh, would I? :lol

They've never played a special set at Solid Sound that was specially designated as " Deep Cuts" or whatever. That 2015 Saturday set at SSF wasn't designated as a "deep cuts" set, even though they did play Panthers, A Magazine Called Sunset, Let's Not Get Carried Away and Dark Neon, among others.

Wilco Friday "theme" sets at Solid Sound Festival

2010 no "special" set

2011 no "special" set

2013 Covers

2015 All Acoustic

2017 Audience Album Vote (Being There, plus surprise bonus Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)

2019 Audience Karaoke

2022 Cruel Country Album Release Party

I think Bbop deserves his own hand-picked setlist show, with the man himself being in attendance reclining on a red velvet chaise longue at the side of the stage being fed grapes by a specially flown in Matrix. The lie/stand debate will be settled at his own discretion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • 1 month later...

We don't have any reasonable expectation that they'll put out recordings of their SS sets this year, right? Gonna be around and thinking of hitting Friday. Can bring the sneaky taping rig if I need to...

1 minute ago, opsopcopolis said:

We don't have any reasonable expectation that they'll put out recordings of their SS sets this year, right? Gonna be around and thinking of hitting Friday. Can bring the sneaky taping rig if I need to...

I think nearly all SS sets have been officially recorded and released 

1 minute ago, summerdai said:

I think nearly all SS sets have been officially recorded and released 

Thought 2022 didn't get released, but I was just checking nugs, not the site merch store, so looks like you're right. Disregard!

I thought I remembered them being mailed out last time, but I guess I'm wrong about that. So they email you a digital ticket which you exchange for a wristband at the gate? I wonder why they ask for a shipping address.

I have had an issue where I get an error message when I try to order through Front Gate, so I have needed to have a friend (coldasgasoline) order the tickets for me for this as well as for Ohana Fest. The tickets are in his name, but they have my email address. So can I expect to get a digital ticket emailed to me such that I won't need to coordinate with coldasgasoline to enter on Friday?

And now let me restate my original question: has anyone received an email with their digital ticket yet?

On 6/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, opsopcopolis said:

While I will buy the official recording when released, I always enjoy checking out the audience tapes. I also love grabbing recordings of the supporting acts that play, so I would love to hear what you tape if you do bring your gear. Where do you usually share?

On 6/17/2024 at 7:01 AM, dasradiohead said:

While I will buy the official recording when released, I always enjoy checking out the audience tapes. I also love grabbing recordings of the supporting acts that play, so I would love to hear what you tape if you do bring your gear. Where do you usually share?

Kinda depends on the artist and whether they allow recording or not.

• Like 1

There’s a lot of deep cuts I miss, or have never seen despite so many shows, so I’m guessing this is gonna be a great one for us old heads (as our kids so happily refer to us as now- I take it as a badge of honor). I’ll be happy with whatever they serve up. Still,

SHAKE IT OFF!

It’s been 12 years. It more than deserves a play.

That is all.

Can’t wait to see you all in less than a week!

:banana

• Like 1

In my continuing effort to share personal Wilco-related information that doesn't seem to be of interest to anyone else, I've gone back and figured out which songs I've never seen Wilco perform live. (Fortunately, I have my own records for many of these shows, so I don't have to completely rely on online sources that have mistakes, some of which I have fixed as I've come across them.) A few have never been performed live. Most have been performed fewer than five times. (Some I've seen Jeff perform solo.) The biggest chunk of the ones that have been played a decent number of times come from Ode to Joy because Wilco didn't play anywhere near where I live for five full years, and my ability to travel during that period was limited. (If there's an album to have missed, that's the one I'd pick.) Anyway, I'll be hoping for a few of these on Friday. My favorite songs from this list would be "A Bowl and a Pudding," "Blue Eyed Soul," "Pieholden Suite," "Quarters" and "Solitaire," but I would really love to finally hear "Dash 7" since I remember asking Jeff circa 1998 why they never played it. He said that in order to get his voice to go that low, they had to slow down the tape when they recorded it and they could never reproduce that live. I think he was kidding.

The album tracks I've never seen Wilco perform are (with estimated number of performances overall):

Before Us (62)

Blue Eyed Soul (7)

A Bowl and a Pudding (0)

Citizens (1)

Dash 7 (3)

An Empty Corner (13)

Everlasting Everything (4)

Hold Me Anyway (60)

I Thought I Held You (2)

Just Say Goodbye (1)

Leave Me (Like You Found Me) (1)

Outta Mind (Outta Sight) (?*)

Pieholden Suite (21)

Please Be Patient with Me (1)

Quarters (0)

Quiet Amplifier (0)

Shake It Off (46)
Shrug and Destroy (2)

Solitaire (3)

Sunloathe (1)

Ten Dead (1)

(Was I) In Your Dreams (40)

We Were Lucky (35)

What's the World Got in Store (26)

White Wooden Cross (59)

* There are a lot of shows that list this version of the song being played, but I know most of them are wrong and should say "Outtasite (Outta Mind)," so other than when they did the full Being There run-through at SSF, I don't know when else they've done the "Sesame Street Version" (as I've always thought of it).

• 4 weeks later...

Postscript:

They played four of the songs I listed above at Solid Sound. I'm still left with 20 or 21 album tracks that I've never seen them play live (I can't say for sure whether I've seen "Outta Mind (Outta Sight), including two that have never been played live. (This is strictly looking at Wilco shows; I've seen Jeff do solo versions of a bunch of these songs but have not undertaken to catalog Jeff's solo shows yet.)

With the addition of several non-album tracks that I saw for the first time at Solid Sound, I have now seen Wilco perform 199 different songs, counting "Kamera" and "Camera" as two different songs, but not counting the various versions of other songs as different songs (e.g., the arena-rock, polka and waltz versions of "Box Full of Letters," which were played back-to-back at Avalon in Boston in 1997).

Would anyone care to guess which song I've seen performed the most by Wilco?

7 hours ago, Brian F. said:

Would anyone care to guess which song I've seen performed the most by Wilco?

I'll guess I'm the Man Who Loves You based on my own track record.

• Like 1

That is tied for fifth, which is not bad considering that my first time seeing it was July 3, 2000, meaning that there are quite a few songs that had a five-year head-start on it (although many of those songs became relative rarities as the composition of the band changed). The song that's in third place, "Impossible Germany," actually didn't debut until 2007 but has made up for lost time.