• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 chuckrh

chuckrh

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:00 AM

Hope everyone is staying healthy and that chuckrh will soon be on the mend (and that his test turned out negative). These are surreal times for sure. There's no roadmap for it, at least not in the U.S. Hopefully we'll get through this together and come out on the other side a better country that's more prepared for such an event. 

thank you. test was fairly unpleasant & i put up with a lot of that sort of thing. i parked in a loading zone & a doctor in full gown came out & did her thing with me sitting in my car. i had to lie down when i got home. test results Monday or Tuesday. still taking the precautions i've been taking for the last few weeks.

#42 SarahC

SarahC

On & On & On

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:21 PM

Lost my job today.
Been there 14 years.
Started when I was 19.
I guess I file for unemployment and hope they hire me back when we go back to normal living? I don’t know what to do. Face hurts from crying. Terrified they’re gonna lay my husband off too.

#43 uncool2pillow

uncool2pillow

The Whole Love

• 4,794 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:07 PM

Lost my job today.
Been there 14 years.
Started when I was 19.
I guess I file for unemployment and hope they hire me back when we go back to normal living? I don’t know what to do. Face hurts from crying. Terrified they’re gonna lay my husband off too.

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. 

#44 chuckrh

chuckrh

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:13 PM

Lost my job today.
Been there 14 years.
Started when I was 19.

sorry to hear that. hang in there.

#45 Doug C

Doug C

One Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:55 AM

Sarah,
I cannot fully understand your situation or imagine it. I have no idea what to say that would matter. Take a breath, hold your husband, assess, and listen to the music you love as often as you are able.

#46 gogo

gogo

Smarmy Condescending Hurtful Bitch

• 9,213 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:33 PM

Sarah, I think I remember when you started there!  So sorry to hear this.  Take a day to be sad/cheer yourself up, then yes, file for unemployment ASAP.  You know they value you if you were there that long, I'm sure they'll take you back as soon as they can. 

#47 remphish1

remphish1

On & On & On

• 6,120 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:10 PM

Lost my job today.
Been there 14 years.
Started when I was 19.

Wow that’s terrible 😞sending positive vibes.

#48 Griddles

Griddles

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:54 PM

Sending vibes to you Sarah and chckrh. 

Trying to stay positive here in Denver. Trying to spread the cheer by getting to-go beer and food from the places closest to us that have had to close. Heard of at least 1 place (Welton St Cafe) that had to fire their whole staff.  

My Dad is a Dr. in central Iowa. They had 9 test kits for the town of 15,000. He is waiting until the nursing homes he works for get it and then he does too. 

#49 winterland121072

winterland121072

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:26 AM

https://youtu.be/_J60fQr0GWo

Wow - you can hear the collective grasping for air...Italy is 11 days ahead of NYC...

#50 chuckrh

chuckrh

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:36 PM

Governor Inslee of Washington just shut the state down. Stay at home order.

#51 TCP

TCP

I Must Be high

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:43 PM

Governor Inslee of Washington just shut the state down. Stay at home order.

I can't believe that didn't happen earlier. Any word back from your test??

#52 Mr. Heartbreak

Mr. Heartbreak

I Haven't Gone Too Far

• 6,104 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:23 PM

Sorry to read what many of us here are going through. My wife found out this weekend that the restaurant owner who's she's worked for since 2014 is shutting down for at least two weeks--maybe permanently. No work = no pay. This is devastating to so people many in so many ways.

#53 chuckrh

chuckrh

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:30 AM

I can't believe that didn't happen earlier. Any word back from your test??

No, but supposedly today. I wouldn't be surprised if it stretches until Wednesday though. I've come down with what I think is a nerve virus. I had 1 2 months ago. I had shingles about 6 years ago because of my messed up immune system & this is related. It attacked the nerves in my inner ear & there was permanent damage. Anyway, I woke up with half my face swelling up (opposite side from a few months ago) just like before. I called my doc's office to get a prescription & found they are closed for the week. I left a message but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully today. I have a med for the nerve pain that's leftover from last time but think I need the med for nerve virus. Hope I get it before I get to the feel like my head is exploding phase. This year has been beyond rugged. Thank God I was able to retire on disability last August. I had insurance for that & claim has been approved. The cherry on top is I live in an area called West Seattle which is across the bay from downtown. Yesterday they found cracks in the concrete supports for the high rise bridge that connects us to the rest of the city (& hospitals). It's going to be closed for probably months. 100.000 cars a day use this bridge under normal circumstances. There are detours but they are long. If & when things get back to normal, they are going to be overloaded. Not affecting me much really unless I need to go to doctor downtown or need to get to the freeway. Since I'm shelter in place, not a huge issue but could be if something more goes wrong.

#54 chuckrh

chuckrh

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:33 AM

Sorry to read what many of us here are going through. My wife found out this weekend that the restaurant owner who's she's worked for since 2014 is shutting down for at least two weeks--maybe permanently. No work = no pay. This is devastating to so people many in so many ways.

Hope everything works out for you.

#55 chuckrh

chuckrh

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:03 AM

interesting tidbit: cannabis stores are considered essential businesses in washington & will remain open during the shut down.

#56 winterland121072

winterland121072

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:53 AM

Wisconsin likely to shut down today. Permitted to go to exercise (run, walk), doctor, pharmacy, grocery and liquor stores (cannabis not legal here).

My question - is playing singles tennis permitted?

#57 calvino

calvino

On & On & On

• 5,737 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:18 AM

interesting tidbit: cannabis stores are considered essential businesses in washington & will remain open during the shut down.

Same for Illinois - but for medical use only. (as 1/1/20, recreational use was legal)

#58 chuckrh

chuckrh

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:35 AM

Same for Illinois - but for medical use only. (as 1/1/20, recreational use was legal)

there is no difference between medical & recreational here.

#59 remphish1

remphish1

On & On & On

• 6,120 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:34 AM

My cousin who is a NYC teacher has corona virus this is why NYC should have been closed down earlier especially the schools!

#60 gogo

gogo

Smarmy Condescending Hurtful Bitch

• 9,213 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:46 AM

Wisconsin likely to shut down today. Permitted to go to exercise (run, walk), doctor, pharmacy, grocery and liquor stores (cannabis not legal here).

My question - is playing singles tennis permitted?

In San Francisco (maybe all of California? I've lost track), tennis is NOT permitted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users