• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about getting this for my mom for Christmas....has anyone read it? I could use some insight.....my mom is SO HARD to buy a present for!!

0684824906.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

A good writer and a nice lady. Big Red Sox fan too.

If Chins Could Kill : Confessions of a B Movie Actor

by Bruce Campbell

i love this book!

the tales of "sam's classic" are terrific. tough to read the "evil dead" bits while eating lunch, tho. :lol

next reading: 0060899190.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That stuff does tend to put one's own personal angst into perspective.

i love this book!

the tales of "sam's classic" are terrific. tough to read the "evil dead" bits while eating lunch, tho. :lol

I want to read his other one too. I did not know that him and Sam Rami grew up together.

If Chins Could Kill : Confessions of a B Movie Actor

by Bruce Campbell

I met Bruce on that book tour a couple years ago. Pre Spiderman 2. Really funny guy.

I want to read his other one too. I did not know that him and Sam Rami grew up together.

I too am still reading this. Nearly finished it now, I'm upto the bit where he's just finished Hudsucker Proxy and about to start some tv show called The Adventures of Brisco County or something. Got his other book on Christmas list so no doubt that will be arriving soon.

0312312601.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

He strikes me as a really genuine, down-to-earth, hardworking guy who never loses the sight of who he is.

Next up for me after Bruce is:

0330439537.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

25686669_5c91c456b1_m.jpg

Really delightful read so far. Spiritual journeys are rocky roads. This road is filled with wonder. I love it. Good call gsteinb.

Finished tonight. Weeping.

Next up:

FC0679750967.JPG

006076340X.jpg

NR

extremelyloud.jpg

Really good so far.

i loved "incredibly close..." just finished it last week.

big m. chabon fan. picked up "amazing stories" last year. his "genre stuff" is done with love. very fun to read.

i loved "incredibly close..." just finished it last week.

big m. chabon fan. picked up "amazing stories" last year. his "genre stuff" is done with love. very fun to read.

Incredibly Close was indeed brilliant. Finished it late last week and then started....

0618173870.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

....Which was nothing like I expected but a facinating little novel.