• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Sci-Fi has started running the new Dr. Who show - I did not know until I caught the end of it last night. It was on from 8-9, instead of 9 -10.

they show doctor who - battlestar - battlestar - doctor who

i believe now

also, the Departed was great.

Post-Gigli Affleck maybe.

You kicked ass in the dead Superman movie.

I could watch this again and again. And have. If you have kids, this is a must see. What a trio of bad guys!

200px-Babys_day_out_poster.jpg

Norby: [singing] Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. Mary had a little lamb her HAIR was white as snow! And every which way that Mary went, the lamb was right behind her. It followed her to work one day, work one day, work one day. It followed her to work one daaaaaaayyy, and Mary lost her job! And then she went to unemployment...

Eddie: Knock off the singin' and read him his story book. If you can.

I watched an inhuman number of A-Team episodes during this weekend's TV Land marathon. Even after hearing it 18-33 times in one weekend, it's still one of my favorite theme songs of all time.

Highlights:

"Cowboy George" featuring Boy George playing to a bar full of rowdy cowboys chanting "We Want George!" and cheering wildly for the Culture Club men in dresses.

"The Trouble With Harry" featuring Hulk Hogan and William 'The Refrigerator' Perry.....everyone calls Hulk 'Hulkster', even when speaking directly to him ("Thank God you're here, Hulkster!") and even though The Fridge is listed as a main character he speaks all of 3 lines, all very very awkwardly. Think "Superbowl Shuffle", deer in the headlights look.

Thanks to Beltmann for the recommendation of The Devil's Backbone.

Probably the best ghost story movie ever.

I'm not big on offering recommendations--I know what I like, and why, but that doesn't mean anyone else will have the same response--but I thought you would dig that one.

'Course, I also thought you would like Carnival of Souls. :blush

'Course, I also thought you would like Carnival of Souls. :blush

I forgot you mentioned that one, actually. My brother, like I said, is a fan, and I found the film on DVD at CVS(!) grouped with Night of the Living Dead and The Satanic Rites of Dracula on one disc for $5.

Little Otik is on tap this week.

Finally got round to watching this last night:

B000FVQM2Y.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50666520_.jpg

Really enjoyed it... nice film noir feel to it and once I'd suspended my disbelief that these were school kids in the story I was fine. Some nice acting, good story line and that Lost Translation element at the end - what did she whisper to him??

Finally got round to watching this last night:

B000FVQM2Y.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50666520_.jpg

Really enjoyed it... nice film noir feel to it and once I'd suspended my disbelief that these were school kids in the story I was fine. Some nice acting, good story line and that Lost Translation element at the end - what did she whisper to him??

I quite liked the concept of a film noir being set in a highschool environment. I watched the ending with subtitles on, and it shows Laura whispering "mother...". I'm assuming she said "motherfucker", and they just didn't show it because we are supposed to interpret it ourselves (or maybe because there were no curse words at all in this film, and they didn't want to start).

2172a.jpg

The Ground Truth offers a documentary portrait of Iraq War veterans and their struggles re-integrating back into civilian society. Some suffer from physical ailments, most suffer from psychological ailments, and all share a common belief that they have been mistreated by the military, either during or after their term of service. (Some tell stories about how the military conspired to deny them health benefits after their discharge.) The film doesn't work as a broad condemnation of the US military or of the war in Iraq--after all, this is merely a tiny sample of individual anecdotes--but these particular stories still inspire particular outrage.