I just happened to watch a couple of episodes of this for the first time last night (it's on BBC America), and it is really funny. I did the same as you -- I watched it because I recognized the Shaun of the Dead guy.

seriously, if it's available on DVD over there, pick it up. It (along with Black Books, the best British sitcom of recent years) deserves to be watched in series-long marathons (there's only 7eps to a series). Next up for me:

B000AN33ME.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Seinfeld Seasons 5 & 6 box set.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the first 6 seasons of Seinfeld on DVD, and have watched exactly 2 episodes. It's on so often in syndication that it doesn't seem necessary to tear off the plastic.

I have the first 6 seasons of Seinfeld on DVD, and have watched exactly 2 episodes. It's on so often in syndication that it doesn't seem necessary to tear off the plastic.

i don't think it's shown over here at all anymore, and i don't have cable/digital TV: I very rarely watch any TV apart from on DVD.

I'd ask why you bought them if you weren't going to watch them, but I do that too. I have many DVDs but a lot of them have only been watched once or twice. Must be the collector in me.

I'd ask why you bought them if you weren't going to watch them, but I do that too. I have many DVDs but a lot of them have only been watched once or twice. Must be the collector in me.

Some I bought, some were gifts. Of course I intended to watch them, and probably actually will someday, but it's definitely the act of collecting that's fun. You understand.

9374_poster.jpg

I'm Your Man

Although I'm still convinced that only Leonard Cohen himself can sing these songs (I could have done without Nick Cave's cheesy performance of "I'm Your Man" in particular), Rufus Wainwright comes awfully close. I also enjoyed his story about meeting Leonard for the first time.

back_date.jpg

Was it brilliant or limiting for Bryan Singer to make a true sequel to the Richard Donner-Christopher Reeve movies, right down to the music and credit lettering? All I know is, as a guy born in 1974, I loved it. I guess I just didn't know that I had been eagerly waiting 20 years for a sequel to Superman II.

I also found it interesting that this new movie makes the Christ-figure stuff far more overt.

dongiovlucrez01.jpg

Watching this 1926 film on TCM right now... and, provided I remain awake, it will be followed by 8 Vitaphone shorts.

B000E8N8L6.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I loved this --- sorted out the myth from the man. Amazing he lived as long as he did; he really cleaned up his act his last ten years or so. Wrote prolifically always, regardless of his condition.

Went to see The War Tapes...really great movie. I highly recommend it.

(Saw Point Match, a recent Woody Allen flick that was better than I expected.0

LouieB

B000E8N8L6.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I loved this --- sorted out the myth from the man. Amazing he lived as long as he did; he really cleaned up his act his last ten years or so. Wrote prolifically always, regardless of his condition.

What is that, a DVD? I need to see it.

Also- the Woody Allen flick. Is this in theatres? I haven't heard of it.

I need to read the "entertainment" section of the papers more....

Is Spawn enjoying that one? I'm looking forward to the day when my daughter is old enough to enjoy Miyazaki... maybe a couple more years.

only 5 minutes in, but we've been on a miyazaki kick so I'd be surprised if he didn't fortunately our library system has most of his movies. we loved princess mononoke.

have you seen, Future Boy Conan?

B000ANDA9K.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

"If I have a fairy godmother, then where the hell have you been for the last sixteen awful years, bitch?!"

At least, that's what it sounded like to me.

The "End of the Fucking World Show," formerly known as the "news."

The "End of the Fucking World Show," formerly known as the "news."

:lol

NW: Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist (Season 1)

B000EBGE9Q.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've been waiting a long time for this to be released on DVD. Totally worth it!