• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a_photo_2_buck_chuck.jpg

2 Buck Chuck - I read that they buy the surplus from regional wineries...so you could be getting Gallo wine, or you could be getting $70 wine...and you can taste the difference every couple weeks (I live in Santa Cruz...so there's a big turnover - 55,000 pop., 5,000 homeless). Still, for $1.99 it's worth the risk.

A good beer should never be served ice cold. Ice cold is for the Budweisers and Coors of the world.

Now, if we were talking about Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, served at the proper temperature -- then no, there would be nothing better than that. :thumbup

A good beer should never be served ice cold. Ice cold is for the Budweisers and Coors of the world.

I know that's the 'official' European take on how beer is supposed to enjoyed, but I can cite dozens upon dozens of examples of what could be considered 'good beer' that taste wonderful cold.

I have been wanting some Hoegarten but I can't find it anywhere near me. I hate asking the guys at my liquor store to order it for me because

1. they are idiots.

b. they will probably charge me way to much.

I know that I did the 1 and b thing on purpose.

Now, if we were talking about Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, served at the proper temperature -- then no, there would be nothing better than that. :thumbup

Well, I'm having one right now, and enjoying it thoroughly. Next time I will just say I like Sam Adams and leave it at that.

I know that's the 'official' European take on how beer is supposed to enjoyed, but I can cite dozens upon dozens of examples of what could be considered 'good beer' that taste wonderful cold.

While my preference is generally in line with cryptique's guidance above, the proper way to drink a beer is how you enjoy it most, be it room temperature, cellar temperature, ice cold, or anywhere in between.

While my preference is generally in line with cryptique's guidance above, the proper way to drink a beer is how you enjoy it most, be it room temperature, cellar temperature, ice cold, or anywhere in between.

Precisely. I don't enjoy beverages served warm, save for tea, coffee, etc. and even then I like it hot. A cold Guinness for me, please.

I've been drinking these this summer for the first time and really enjoy them. I went to a nice bar around the corner for the first time last week and they have it on tap. They won me over as a repeat customer with this alone:

55840604.jpg

Drink one for me.................as you might not already know, I hate everyone and have no friends,and drinking alone and writting sad country songs is no longer an intrest of mine!

Have a great night you assholes with so called friends!

Edited by oceanman
double_bag.jpg

pretty well chilled. :cheers

Long Trail makes some nice beers, including the above.