LOLLAPALOOZA!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your avatar is amazing!!!! :worship

...and yes, I'm going to Lollapalooza. I'm not a big fan of festivals but I just couldn't pass this one up. Last time I went was 14 years ago. I went with some friends and given that we were 14 at the time, my mother drove us. She waited in the car while we rocked out for the afternoon. My mom rules. :rock

I'll be kicking things off with Deadboy and Elephantmen at 11:45 morning on Friday and will be there for the final notes of RHCP Sunday night. Can't fricken wait. Oh yeah, and Pitchfork Festival is this coming weekend. I love Chicago.

I'll be there - it will be show number three for the summer. It's going to be a shorter set, but I'm excited to see them in a hometown setting. Plus, Ryan Adams, The Flaming Lips, and so much more.

I'm kind of torn between The Eels and the Blisters, though.

I'll be there - it will be show number three for the summer. It's going to be a shorter set, but I'm excited to see them in a hometown setting. Plus, Ryan Adams, The Flaming Lips, and so much more.

I'm kind of torn between The Eels and the Blisters, though.

Eels all the way

ONE MORE WEEK!!!

I just convinced one of my friends last night to go who, up until yesterday, was set on going down to new orleans that weekend.

WHOOOOO!!!!

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

Edited by G_willy

I'm sorry to hear that... BUT if I was going to Lollapalooza to see strictly Wilco I'd bitch... BUT THE LINEUP! HOLY f* it is absolutely insane. And the fact that it is at Grant Park just makes it that much sweeter.

I can envision it now, crazy people on mushrooms from the flaming lips set swimming in buckingham fountain...HA! :stunned

I know I am probably going to die of heat exhaustion at this festival, but hey... I couldn't think of too many better ways to go out then by hearing california stars in Grant park.

I know I am probably going to die of heat exhaustion at this festival, but hey... I couldn't think of too many better ways to go out then by hearing california stars in Grant park.

I'd pick another way to go...you're not gonna hear Cali Stars in a 45 minute festival set. It just ain't happenin'.

I'd predict the following set (not in this order):

Song (Length)

Airline To Heaven (4)

IATTBYH (6)

War On War (4)

Jesus, etc. (4)

Ashes (5)

ALTWYS (6)

Handshake Drugs (6)

Late Greats (3)

Walken (5)

Total: roughly 43 minutes of music + banter.

I'll admit, there's potential for a difference, but I just assume it'd be the addition of Spiders and the subtraction of ALTWYS and War On War. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Guest Jules
anyone have the set?

Hmm...this will not be helpful at all...not in order, under the influence and probably missing 1 or 2 songs, so take it for what it's worth...sorry. The openers and closers are accurate.

Shot In The Arm

Impossible Germany

IATTBYH

Late Greats

What Light

War on War

Handshake Drugs

Let's Fight

Via Chicago

Heavy Metal Drummer

Walken

Jesus Etc.

I'm The Man

Hummingbird

Shit, that was pointless, but I think I got most of them. It was a fun show. Jeff also made a comment that it was good to be home, and that "1/3 of the band was glad to be in Chicago". Not sure what that meant, so any theories would be appreciated. He also mentioned it was his and Sue's anniversary, and they put her up on the jumbotron, etc. Someone please correct my setlist.