• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my coffee like I like my men: none for me, thanks.

You should try some 30 dollar a pound Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee before saying that.

Speaking of which - this morning I mad to drink some coffee that has been sitting in the cupboard here since June - may be the worst thing I ever drank. Coffee should be kept in the freezer, of course.

You should try some 30 dollar a pound Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee before saying that.

I've been wanting to try that. so expensive....

My parents force me to try some damn expensive-as-hell coffee pretty often. I drew the line at that kind that gets crapped out by an exotic cat (Kopi Luwak), which I think is one of the most expensive coffees in the world.

They're a frugal pair, my parents, but they've never skimped when it comes to their beloved coffee. I can't stand the stuff in any form, cheap, expensive, or hidden in some kind of dessert -- if there's even the slightest hint of coffee flavor in something, it's not for me.

I bet you could find a deal somewhere there in NYC.

not really. everywhere that I have seen the Jamaican coffee, it's sky high!

My parents force me to try some damn expensive-as-hell coffee pretty often. I drew the line at that kind that gets crapped out by an exotic cat (Kopi Luwak), which I think is one of the most expensive coffees in the world.

They're a frugal pair, my parents, but they've never skimped when it comes to their beloved coffee. I can't stand the stuff in any form, cheap, expensive, or hidden in some kind of dessert -- if there's even the slightest hint of coffee flavor in something, it's not for me.

I feel the same way about tea, much to my mom's chagrin.

Shit. So much for my car-that-runs-on-coffee idea.

I think it's interesting that we Americans spend more per gallon on coffee and water than we do on gasoline...

On the first day of an econ class back when I was in college, the teacher had a list of like 40 everyday items and their price per gallon all of which was more than gasoline. The most expensive thing on the list was Jack Daniels at something like $120 a gallon. It was a class of like 250 people.

I responded by saying "But can you name one of these products we would ever regularly use 5 gallons of a day."

Stats can always be scewed even when they are 100% factual.

if you want to see some fun, check out the 4 or 5 threads about this on the crowe's board

Are they hurtful and full of spite or well thought out and well articulated like all of our threads?