• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Carolina to go all the way at the beginning of last season. I'll take 'em again this year.

The Lions will suck (3-13 is a realistic expectation), Millen somehow will keep his job (those photos of the Fords driving Hondas and Toyotas are coming in real handy), and MrRain's grandfather somehow manages to survive another season . . . he's done it since Bobby Layne left town.

Hopefully I am wrong about the first two predictions, and right about the last.

I can't stand the Lions, but living where I do I can't help but pay attention to them. I think they'll be considerably better than 3-13 this year, and 8-8 isn't impossible. That said, I think my Bears and the Vikings will both finish above them in the standings.

I see the NFC North ending up something like this:

Bears 10-6

Vikings 9-7

Lions 7-9

Packers 4-12

I might be overly optimistic about the Bears, but if both Grossman and Griese stay healthy, their offense might not totally suck this year.

I can't stand the Lions, but living where I do I can't help but pay attention to them. I think they'll be considerably better than 3-13 this year, and 8-8 isn't impossible. That said, I think my Bears and the Vikings will both finish above them in the standings.

I see the NFC North ending up something like this:

Bears 10-6

Vikings 9-7

Lions 7-9

Packers 4-12

I might be overly optimistic about the Bears, but if both Grossman and Griese stay healthy, their offense might not totally suck this year.

The only games I see the Lions winning are GB, Buff, and SF all at home. I don't give them any shot at winning any other home games (Sea, Atl, Mia, Minn, Da Bears), and the only road games they have a shot at are NYJ and GB.

The QB situation has me concerned (although anyone will be better than Joey . . . that guy's confidence was completely destroyed in Motown); other than R. Williams WR looks to be sub-par; the OL has not been improved and that will seriously impact Kevin Jones (who does have the potential of becoming a very good RB in the right situation); DL will miss Big Daddy Wilkinson; LB is still a potential walking infirmary; and the DB has never been a strong suit.

Overall, I think that this year will be very unpredictable and exciting. I don't see any one team being dominant during the regular season, with the '72 Dolphins enjoying that champagne by the end of week 6.

The only games I see the Lions winning are GB, Buff, and SF all at home. I don't give them any shot at winning any other home games (Sea, Atl, Mia, Minn, Da Bears), and the only road games they have a shot at are NYJ and GB.

The QB situation has me concerned (although anyone will be better than Joey . . . that guy's confidence was completely destroyed in Motown); other than R. Williams WR looks to be sub-par; the OL has not been improved and that will seriously impact Kevin Jones (who does have the potential of becoming a very good RB in the right situation); DL will miss Big Daddy Wilkinson; LB is still a potential walking infirmary; and the DB has never been a strong suit.

Overall, I think that this year will be very unpredictable and exciting. I don't see any one team being dominant during the regular season, with the '72 Dolphins enjoying that champagne by the end of week 6.

I heard Charles Rogers is going to be cut.

And I'm happy to have Harrington as our backup. I think he's better than any QB we've had since Marino left aside from Culpepper.

I hope Rogers does get cut. There are rumors that Mike Williams may get cut too. I think it's a little too early with him, though. Rogers can go though.

The Lions should be able to beat the Vikings at home, and they might even be able to steal that home game against the Bears, though I'm not optimistic.

I'm glad I've never been much of a Lions fan. This year I'm getting the payoff for years of suffering as a Tigers fan, but I really don't see that payoff coming any time soon for Lions fans, at least until the Fords are no longer owning the team. What a disaster that franchise is. Still my favorite NFL team, but I really haven't cared much about the NFL in years. Much more of a college guy when it comes to football. I'll probably still watch the Lions some though, but my heart won't be broken when they're terrible.

Edited by MrRain422
I heard Charles Rogers is going to be cut.

And I'm happy to have Harrington as our backup. I think he's better than any QB we've had since Marino left aside from Culpepper.

No disrespect to Culpepper, but I would love to see Joey start the Thanksgiving game against Detroit.

Joey was terrible in Detroit. Absolutely terrible. But he was also set up to lose, with not much of an offensive line, and not much of a running game until the very end. He also had a team and media that constantly ripped on him. His performance is, in the end, his own fault, but he certainly wasn't helped out by the organization or the community.

If Harrington starts the Thanksgiving game in Detroit, I predict that Joey throws for 600 yards and 9 touchdowns, after which he will give the finger to the fans and take a shit in the middle of the field.

And I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Joey was terrible in Detroit. Absolutely terrible. But he was also set up to lose, with not much of an offensive line, and not much of a running game until the very end. He also had a team and media that constantly ripped on him. His performance is, in the end, his own fault, but he certainly wasn't helped out by the organization or the community.

If Harrington starts the Thanksgiving game in Detroit, I predict that Joey throws for 600 yards and 9 touchdowns, after which he will give the finger to the fans and take a shit in the middle of the field.

And I wouldn't blame him one bit.

And then when Millen asks him what he called that performance, the sideline microphone picks up Joey screaming The Aristocrats

I had my fantasy draft on sunday, ended up with a decent team:

QB Marc Bulger

RB Tiki Barber

RB Brian Westbrook

WR Santana Moss

WR Marvin Harrison

WR TJ Whoknowshowtospellhisnamezadeh

TE Vernon Davis (Going to be one of the 2 best tight ends in all of fantasy this year)

K Adam Viniateri

D Jaguars

Honestly, I forgot I drafted Santana. That makes me much happier about my team than I originally was.

I may enter a dynasty league this year. $100 entry fee. That would give me 2 leagues where I've entered $200 bucks, with the chance to win a total of 1600 if I win everything.

I like my chances in that other league though. If Westbrook and Tiki stay healthy, thats a hell of a combo.