And I'm with Bobbob and the others regarding Peyton. Never understood the dislike for him.

Well, I'm no Peyton fanatic, and he ain't no Joe Montana, but honestly there are few folks out there I've ever seen that run the 2 minute drill better.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly take his MasterCard commercials that seriously?

no

do you take sports takes that seriously? i'm sure peyton's a great guy, but he plays in another city for another team and i'm tired of seeing his mug all over the t.v.....and his brother is a whiny biotch...that's all.

do you take sports takes that seriously? i'm sure peyton's a great guy, but he plays in another city for another team and i'm tired of seeing his mug all over the t.v.....and his brother is a whiny biotch...that's all.

My team's been out of the playoffs since September...1993 (well not really, but it's the Redskins, so for all intents & purposes, yeah). I'm pretty indifferent about Peyton, but I'm happy to see him get his shot at the Super Bowl, and I find his commercials to be mildly amusing. He seems to have a pretty good sense of humor about himself, despite being the (current) NFL quarteback with perhaps the greatest pressure to succeed on his shoulders. Not a big deal to me at all...I just don't think he's really making fun of anyone by making a commercial in which he stands outside his house in his bathrobe and tells the kid who just launched a newspaper through his window that he's still got the best arm in the league, and congratulates grocery store workers after they're done for the day. It's just nonsense.

No argument about Eli. :)

Well, I'm no Peyton fanatic, and he ain't no Joe Montana, but honestly there are few folks out there I've ever seen that run the 2 minute drill better.

Joe Montana is probably the most overrated Quarterback in NFL history.

Yeah, I said it.

Joe Montana is probably the most overrated Quarterback in NFL history.

Yeah, I said it.

joe is is still the last chiefs quarterback to guide the chiefs to a playoff win...14 freakin' years ago.

he's not the most overrated qb in history though. that would be mr peyton manning...or michael vick.

he's not the most overrated qb in history though. that would be mr peyton manning...or michael vick.

If you don't like him, you don't like him, but calling Peyton Manning overrated is flat out crazy. What is your basis for saying this?

If you don't like him, you don't like him, but calling Peyton Manning overrated is flat out crazy. What is your basis for saying this?

i can't recall a qb getting that much love that had NEVER won a superbowl, much less been in one. well, now he's in one. if he wins it, then i'll back off and we'll get even more commercials. hopefully, one of them will be a chunky soup commercial and then he will disappear. anybody know if he'll be on the SI cover the week before the superbowl? i've got my fingers crossed.

i can't recall a qb getting that much love that had NEVER won a superbowl, much less been in one. well, now he's in one. if he wins it, then i'll back off and we'll get even more commercials. hopefully, one of them will be a chunky soup commercial and then he will disappear. anybody know if he'll be on the SI cover the week before the superbowl? i've got my fingers crossed.

Dan Marino is probably the greatest qb in NFL history and he never won a Super bowl. He could still publicly sodomize a dog in Miami and be the most beloved man in the city.

Dan Marino is probably the greatest qb in NFL history and he never won a Super bowl. He could still publicly sodomize a dog in Miami and be the most beloved man in the city.

he's a funny mother fucker too!

i know, but he's not peyton manning and he doesn't have a whiny-assed biotch of a little brother. plus, he wears isotoner gloves and was in the first ace ventura movie. that makes up for it. also, to compile those stats over the years with that turd of a team was simply amazing.

:P

it figures that they are the son's of archie manning, who never won anything.

anybody know if he'll be on the SI cover the week before the superbowl? i've got my fingers crossed.

He's on it this week.

Search

Video results for 'drunk joe nameth'

No Videos found for 'drunk joe nameth'

Try "Namath."

The jinx is always on the Colts side, I live in Indiana and I still have not go on the Colts band wagon, I have been a Bears fan since I can remember. In Indiana you pretty much need to keep your mouth shut and deal with the Colts. My daughter came home from school yesterday and said her English teache got his jaw broke and it is wired shut, because he had a Bear's shirt on and a drunk guy slugged him. It is not safe being a bear's fan in Indiana, it's crazy. :no

The jinx is always on the Colts side, I live in Indiana and I still have not go on the Colts band wagon, I have been a Bears fan since I can remember. In Indiana you pretty much need to keep your mouth shut and deal with the Colts. My daughter came home from school yesterday and said her English teache got his jaw broke and it is wired shut, because he had a Bear's shirt on and a drunk guy slugged him. It is not safe being a bear's fan in Indiana, it's crazy. :no

that's worse than the kid in Pittsburgh being tackled and ridiculed in class for wearing a Browns shirt - except he was in a "diversity awareness/appreciation" class . . .

:no The Colts didn't move to Indiana until 1984. What, people aren't supposed to keep on cheering for their favorite teams when a new one moves in next door?

I'm guessing the drunk guy was too young to remember the Colts playing in Baltimore.

Speaking of teams moving, etc.

There was an interesting piece on the local Chicago news this week regarding a large group of old-timer southsiders who hate the Bears. They still consider the Bears a "north-side" team, like the Cubs, from when they played at Wrigley Field. The Chicago Cardinals played at Comiskey Park before they moved to St. Louis and then Arizona (driven out of town by George Halas, according to these guys). They are White Sox/Cardinals fans, and anti-Cubs/Bears. After the Cardinals left, the Bears became the only Chicago football team, moved to Soldier Field (more south side) and these guys still hate them with a passion. Growing up in Chicago, I knew this story, but I didn't realize the negativity around it.

Carry on.