Taking into account the fact that he's extremely tired, dehydrated and malnourished, not to mention recovering from knockout drugs, I can forgive him not being completely on the ball. Give him a session or two to ask the questions...

You're right. And I posted fully knowing that I was breaking with at least a couple of the Ten Commandments of Lost:

The ten commandments of Lost:

1. Thou shalt not share information, lest answers be had.

- Examples of enforcement: no one discussing the whispers, Hurley not telling anyone about the numbers, Jack seeing his father, Locke seeing 'the monster', Locke and Boone not mentioning the hatch, Sayid's failure to mention the cable, Michael, Jin, and Sawyer's complete failure to tell anyone about the Others on the boat

- Examples of this law being broken: Shannon telling Sayid that she saw Walt, Sayid revealing that he saw Walt

2. Thou shalt not investigate strange findings on the island, lest answers be had.

- Examples of enforcement: No one cares about the cable on the beach (partly because not many people know about it, thanks to commandment 1), No one investigating the computer in the hatch, no one has investigated the source of the radio broadcast.

- Examples of this law being broken: Sayid following the cable on the beach, Hurley investigating the numbers, Locke digging up the hatch

3. Thou shalt not seriously interrogate anyone who could possibly have answers, lest answers be had.

- Examples of enforcement: Complete failure to glean any useful information from Danielle, Ethan

- Examples of this law being broken: questioning of Desmond & Goodwin, however this was very, very basic questioning.

4. Thou shalt not question seemingly unexplainable things, lest answers be had.

- Examples of enforcement: No one questions how the Black Rock got where it is, Jack and Kate shrugging off the black smoke, exploding trees, Locke being dragged into the ground without a second mention

- Examples of this law being broken: Discussions of the 'Monster' (rare)

5. Thou shalt not explore the island, lest answers be had.

- Examples of enforcement: Episode after episode, there has been extremely limited exploration

- Examples of this law being broken: Sayid venturing off to map the island

6. Thou shalt kill anyone who is about to reveal answers about the island.

- Examples of enforcement: Ethan, Goodwin

- Examples of this law being broken: Desmond, Danielle

7. Thou shalt conveniently forget to follow up on anything curious about the island.

- Examples of enforcement: Black Rock, Black Smoke, Quarantine sign, Radio signal, tides which washed away fuselage, Adam & Eve

- Examples of this law being broken: Locke's interest in the hatch, repeated viewings of the Orientation film

8. If thou dost have answers, thou shalt speak either vaguely or not at all.

- Examples of enforcement: Danielle, Ethan, Goodwin

- Examples of this law being broken: Desmond (albeit he could have been lying)

9. Thou shalt not ever reveal any details of your past, lest answers be had.

- Examples of enforcement: Kate, Jack, Locke

- Examples of this law being broken: Hurley, Charlie

10. Thou shalt not use that radio.

- Examples of enforcement: Ana-Lucia turning off the radio, Sayid giving up on the radio, Danielle giving up on the radio

- Examples of this law being broken: Boone using the radio (immediately punished for breaking this law! Heh)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

comments from Pop Candy:

1. In the beginning scene, Juliet's book club mentions that it would have been different if Ben was still there. By the end of the episode, we learn that Henry's real name is Ben.

I'd venture a guess that our Jack's new love interest - Juliet - and Henry - Ben - are divorced. Note Henry/Ben's line that he was kicked out of the book club to Juliet.

Posted by: Chadwick | Oct 4, 2006 10:25:11 PM

2. The cage Sawyer and Kate were in obviously was meant for the polar bears. Zeke mentioned that it "took the bears two hours." Bears = polar bears. The polar bears obviously escaped or were let go. And the aquarium Jack was in had the sharks that Sawyer and Michael ran into in Season 2. Did they escape too or were they let go? As Juliet told Jack, "that was a long time ago." How long I wonder?

Kate obviously got roughed up too...by the looks of her wrists. Wonder what happened there.

Posted by: Jon | Oct 4, 2006 10:48:07 PM

3. I'm convinced that "Chachi" was a plant. I think ANYONE else they meet in the Dharma compound that the Others are using to hold our heroes is a plant. There on purpose to extract...something...anything from the captives.

Posted by: Lord Nikon | Oct 4, 2006 11:34:48 PM

4. Wow, 57 comments so far, and no one caught on the board here (at least that I saw) caught that the jewel case from which the "Downtown" CD was taken from is really Speaking in Tongues from the Talking Heads. I regognized it instantly (and a DVR replay confirmed the title on the CD spine as well) Another clue, a random prop, or the shows creators having more fun with us?

Posted by: Chris H | Oct 5, 2006 12:47:06 AM

5. I thought Penelope was Cynthia Watros, the actress who played Libby. Didn't she give Desmond his sailboat? Am I confusing Penelope and Juliette, his girlfried? I think I need to watch the Season Two finale again as a refresher.

Did anyone else notice the similiarities between Planet of the Apes and Sawyer's ill-fated prison escape? The music, the camera angles, his being captured and dragged back...I think they did it on purpose, because Sawyer obviously was being treated like a beast with that food contraption in his cage. This could have interesting connotations; however, if the Losties walk around the side of the island and see half of the Statue of Liberty on the shore, I'm going to shoot my television set...just kidding.

I don't know if that Stephen King book was a real clue or merely a nod to Stephen King. I thought I read somewhere that sometimes they just throw a nod to Stephen King in there, seeing as they have borrowed so many ideas from him for the show and he is a fan of the show. I don't think the book was The Stand; it was too thin a volume, that would be too obvious, and someone else already posted that it was Carrie. This could be interesting if you think about Walt having some sort of psychic, telekinetic power and the Others wanting him to do experiments with. They are obviously super into experimenting with people's minds and getting into people's minds, brainwashing, etc.

5. I thought Penelope was Cynthia Watros, the actress who played Libby. Didn't she give Desmond his sailboat? Am I confusing Penelope and Juliette, his girlfried? I think I need to watch the Season Two finale again as a refresher.

Cynthia Watros is neither Penelope nor Juliette.

The actress who plays Juliette was Angelina Jolie's girlfriend in Gia.

I can't wait to see how the producers try to make the Others out to be the good guys. I just can't find any reason to like them. Why on earth would they catch/hold captive people that presumably crash for no reason?

I can't wait to see how the producers try to make the Others out to be the good guys. I just can't find any reason to like them. Why on earth would they catch/hold captive people that presumably crash for no reason?

they think they've created a utopian society and want to maintain it...and/or they are trying to keep the island a secret from the Hanso foundation, who are the actual bad guys. just my take.

they think they've created a utopian society and want to maintain it...and/or they are trying to keep the island a secret from the Hanso foundation, who are the actual bad guys. just my take.
Cool idea. And I guess Dharma/Hanso was the group that brought them there?
Cool idea. And I guess Dharma/Hanso was the group that brought them there?

that would be my guess, yes. before or after something went really wrong, they (scientists in the project) realized they were part of something really bad...perhaps the corporate needs started to outweigh the scientific...and they structured things so the hanso foundation couldn't use the island and/or what happened on it, for the world domineering stuff all large corporations are prone to do.

personally, I think at least jack is being looked at as a resource/recruit...Kate, well i think Ben just wants to bone her/breed her...sawyer, good foot soldier or just taking him out as a potential threat. that whole thing doesn't make as much sense, as Sayid would have been a great addition...but then i tell myself they probably know he'd be really hard to turn considering his experience w/ torture, etc.

i don't know, i enjoyed the first episode this season and just kind of want to lay back and see where it goes. overthinking it can amke the show fun sometimes, but it can also make it more like homewrok than escapism.

I don't know if that Stephen King book was a real clue or merely a nod to Stephen King. I thought I read somewhere that sometimes they just throw a nod to Stephen King in there, seeing as they have borrowed so many ideas from him for the show and he is a fan of the show.

Did anyone else remember that when they caught Ben/Henry in season 2, he asked for some Stephen King books?

I kind of think they took Sawyer and Kate and put them in the cells across from each other so they would fall for each other after only seeing themselves for a "long two weeks." This would keep Kate's interest away from Jack, so the Others can have him all to themselves for some reason.

That last bit before the commercial where Sun grabs the gun made me think of an episode of The Hardy Boys for some odd reason.

lol

but I thought the show last night was cool...weird when that girl was in the bushes. Is that for real? How could she avoid getting caught or do they just not care about catching her? She was the girl who got that other chick out of captivity?

A-man, El Hefe says to tell you that no one on that island is more important than anyone else.

Now when you decide on your response, pass me a note in study hall, but write it with your left hand so he doesn't recognize your handwriting. I'll slip it in his locker during lunch.

There seems some sort of division there - you had that one kid locked up in the cage and then that girl hiding in the bushes. It seemed to me that they were scared - while the other others seem to be running the show. I wonder where all the rest are? The black woman, the french woman's daughter, etc. I too, am looking forward to next week. I want to see if everything was as before - did Desmond's key reset everything - or will the hatch be wrecked?