Hummingbird Tongues

You should watch the documentary about the making of that movie - after you watch it. I first saw it in 1980 I think.

how come? if it wasn't for the fact that i am missing tonight's class, i wouldn't have gone at all. i've seen 2 parts of it, the one where the army guy is talking trash about the guys lined up at the end of their beds & the other part was where they bombed the village (heard that in 7.1 surround) and just didn't think i needed to see it.

i ask this in all seriousness b/c i have enough problems sleeping as it is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's certainly got war stuff in it. But don't go in thinking of it as a war movie.

Before he married my sister, my brother-in-law and his roommates used to watch that movie every night.

They also got that Olympics Triple-Cast thing that one time.

how come? if it wasn't for the fact that i am missing tonight's class, i wouldn't have gone at all. i've seen 2 parts of it, the one where the army guy is talking trash about the guys lined up at the end of their beds & the other part was where they bombed the village (heard that in 7.1 surround) and just didn't think i needed to see it.

i ask this in all seriousness b/c i have enough problems sleeping as it is.

You will learn some amazing things.

Bjorn's favorite movies list:

1 Apocalypse Now

2 Citizen Kane

Reni's favorite movie list

1. Harold and Maude

2. Shadowlands

3. Dogfight

4. Life is Beautiful

5. All About Eve

and yes, a cookie sounds good. I got some of those 100 calorie choc chip oatmeal cookie packs from Trader Joes......dem's yummy!

-X-.jpg
oh really - I did not know that (that the dvd was not coming out).

i guess it's that the dvd is coming out separately... but originally they were going to do a package with the 2 discs and the dvd, but i guess they separated them... all the articles i've read about the release of the cds have been void of any mention of the dvd but their website says its still coming out, just on its own.

I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie right now, as I type. And drinking wine. And listening to the slow version of Hummingbird, now transitioning into Walken. Thinking about opening the scotch.

Apocalypse Now--an all-time favorite. But I have to confess, I also do love the early Woody films: Manhattan, Love & Death, Bananas, Sleeper....

Is it safe to post a picture of yourself here? I must admit, I am getting kick out of that thread!

:yay

(probably too many issues for one post but it's that kind of night)