Octoberquest 2006

The Cards did win just 1 more game this year than the Padres did last year, and last year a lot of people were calling for a re-evaluation of a playoff system that would allow a team as bad as the '05 Pads in. I think the Cardinals are probably better than the average 83 win team, but there's no doubt that they didn't meet expectations this year. I think they could still go somewhere in the playoffs though.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in: I still hate the Yankees.

And: We are all lucky to be watching Derek Jeter in his prime in October. The guy is as close as I can remember to Jordan in the playoffs. The guy just wills hits. Its astounding to me.

It pisses me off that the Yanks are going to cake walk through the AL and the chump NL champ for #27. And then A-Rod will get a ring he doesnt deserve. I hate life right now.

As for the Mets, well, with Pedro and now El Duque hurt, I suppose this is the bitter price you pay when you rely on veteran pitchers. They just arent reliable. I am sick to my stomach today. A full year of excitement boils down to a playoff series where our two best starters are likely out. :upset

I will be at today's game, though. Shea will be rocking. And it will be wonderful to be there as a fan. 4pm gametime is not going to make the employer happy though.

I really don't see why A-Rod would be less deserving than pretty much anyone else on that team, although I do hate him, so I'll go ahead and be pissed off with you.

No, you are right. But this team would have won with or without him. And he is going to end up with a ring and I am going to hear about how he is a "champion" and how he has now "earned" his pinstripes -- whatever the f*ck that means. This Yankee team is loaded right now and might win the WS if I was playing third base. Seriously, bat me 9th and put me at third. Lets see what happens.

Ok, maybe I am panicking. I shouldnt give the championship to the yanks yet. Its why they play the games. And lets face it, there are still plenty of opportunities for ARod to hit into DPs when the Yanks need him to come through. So us yankee haters have hope, I suppose.

Can someone explain to me when the hell Chien Mien Wang developed a 96 MPH fastball?!?! Argh.

No, you are right. But this team would have won with or without him. And he is going to end up with a ring and I am going to hear about how he is a "champion" and how he has now "earned" his pinstripes -- whatever the f*ck that means. This Yankee team is loaded right now and might win the WS if I was playing third base. Seriously, bat me 9th and put me at third. Lets see what happens.

Ok, maybe I am panicking. I shouldnt give the championship to the yanks yet. Its why they play the games. And lets face it, there are still plenty of opportunities for ARod to hit into DPs when the Yanks need him to come through. So us yankee haters have hope, I suppose.

Can someone explain to me when the hell Chien Mien Wang developed a 96 MPH fastball?!?! Argh.

\

It was A-Rod's worst year, and he was still one of the best players on the team. They wouldn't be there without him.

I will be at today's game, though. Shea will be rocking. And it will be wonderful to be there as a fan. 4pm gametime is not going to make the employer happy though.

Enjoy. Tonight should be a great night to be in that big blue concrete bowl! :wave

And don't concede anything to the Yankees yet. Or ever. They may be hot right now, but the playoffs just started and stranger things have happened. Always remember that there are few things in life more enjoyable than a Yankees postseason collapse. :cheers

My grudging admiration for Jeter is starting to turn into awe.

Teh Jeter is teh awsum!1!1!1

Would you consider anyone's performance yesterday "Koufaxian" or "Gibsonian" ? :ermm McCarver's a clown.

You guys must love Buck, though, because he's the biggest NY hater in the business.

Btw, Go Mets!!!!

I don't know if that's true, but I hate him regardless because a) he's boring, and b ) he just lets McCarver talk and talk without telling him how much of a rube he is.

Edited by MrRain422

Buck Showalter is out as the manager of the Texas Rangers, ending four seasons in which he was never able to get a team with several young All-Stars above third place in the AL West.

Texas was 80-82 this season, its sixth losing record in seven years since last making the playoffs in 1999. Showalter was 319-329 with the Rangers, his third managerial job, and still had three seasons left on his contract.

Showalter was the AL manager of the year only two years ago, when after AL MVP Alex Rodriguez was traded in the spring the Rangers remained in playoff contention until an 11-inning loss in the 158th game of the season.

The Rangers were 89-73 in 2004, the fourth-best record in team history and an 18-win improvement over 2003. They finished only three games back in the AL West, but still in third place behind the division-winning Angels and Oakland.

But the Rangers weren't able to build off the momentum of that unexpected playoff chase. They backtracked last year with only 79 victories, and were only one game better than that this season.

What about Traschel? He should be ready for game 3.

ESPN is reporting that Game 3 is Perez. Not sure why. It would make more sense that Perez pitches Game 4. Maybe its just a mistake.

The Dodgers smell blood right now. You know it. They are going to come out all jacked up. Damn, its such a shame. Dodgers in 4.

Edited by MattZ
Keep the faith, Matt. It'll be alot tougher, but you're gonna win this series.

Thanks. I really think its the Dodgers in 4. Ya gotta believe though. And I am keeping the faith.

How sweet it is.

What is? The golf this time of the year in South Florida?

:rolleyes

Thanks. I really think its the Dodgers in 4. Ya gotta believe though. And I am keeping the faith.

What is? The golf this time of the year in South Florida?

:rolleyes

No, the fact that after being completely full of themselves all year the Mets fans are now scared shitless because the games actually matter and their biggest weakness could possibly be shown.

Dodgers in 4.

Also, that.