Octoberquest 2006

No, the fact that after being completely full of themselves all year the Mets fans are now scared shitless because the games actually matter and their biggest weakness could possibly be shown.

Also, that.

If you think that what is happening right now is that their biggest weakenss is being shown you are crazy. Your arguments all along were that their starting pitching stunk. Even when you were making those arguments, their staff still had Pedro and El Duque. These are injuries -- how does this expose a flaw in how the team was built? Take away the ace and the third best pitcher from any team (playoff or otherwise) and where would they be? Thats why I am scared. Because two pitchers that I was counting on are no longer in the mix. How does that expose their starting pitching as a weakness?

And, in fairness, the reason the Mets fans were full of themselves is because they had the best record in the National League this year. I hate fans that are full of themselves as much as the next guy, but isnt that an appropriate time for a fan to beat his/her respective chest? It comes with being a sports fan. You want to root for your team and you want to be proud. If that is not an approrpriate time for a fan to act full of himself, when is it appropriate?

Also, that.

Dodgers in 4 is a bit of woe is me. Of course. But I dont have a ton of faith in Oliver Perez and John Maine. I dont think that makes me crazy.

Ya gotta believe. I still believe. But I dont feel good about Oliver Perez in game 4.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya gotta believe. I still believe. But I dont feel good about Oliver Perez in game 4.

I still believe. Won't be easy, but it could happen.

This is the first time in about a decade that I've decided that I have an actual rooting interest in the playoffs.(rather than merely rooting against the Yankees, which I will also be doing again this year)

Side note: I just came to the shocking realization that a decade has passed since the Jeffrey Maier incident, and I'm still waiting for my boys to recover their momentum. :frusty Hello? Anyone hear me down there in Baltimore?:poke Or are you all too busy "allegedly" taking steroids?

Second side note: Geez, if this is how the O's play while they are taking performance-enhancing drugs, I think I might have to give up on baseball altogether. :hmm

That report was more or less debunked.

True, I saw that it was debunked, tho there is certainly enough suspicion going around pretty much everybody's clubhouse these days. (and poor Tejada, if he is indeed clean--that guy's name keeps coming up over and over again)

It wasn't really debunked. They said that there were inaccuracies, but were vague about what they were. And of course that statement could have just been an attempt to ease the media firestorm if they felt as though the investigation was compromised by it.

How's this? They certainly sucked and sucked hard at the end there, but that's why they play 162 games instead of 14. It's not like those chokers from Houston should be in there. :pirate

On a positive note,I think not winning so many games before the playoffs could be a great thing,think of the last few years when the Cards were slaying everyone at the end of the season,and then losing their mojo come october.Any mojo we can get rolling now could put a scare on alot of teams,once they get going they are rather hard to stop,especialy on the batting side of things.All I really care about is the Spankee's losing right now!

It wasn't really debunked. They said that there were inaccuracies, but were vague about what they were. And of course that statement could have just been an attempt to ease the media firestorm if they felt as though the investigation was compromised by it.

I thought they released a report saying that Grimsley had said the opposite about Clemens and Pettite. Maybe that was just a recent quote, though.

I thought they released a report saying that Grimsley had said the opposite about Clemens and Pettite. Maybe that was just a recent quote, though.

Grimsley's attorney made a statement that Grimsley did not cite Clemens and Pettite, but the investigators were not that specific in their statement.

DODGERS.jpg
yea great game, verlander has got a wicked curveball

Now it's up to the Gambler and Bondy to get us a shot at the A's. Leyland will have to make sure the Gambler gets at least 3 starts in that series as he owns the Athletics.