Octoberquest 2006

It was very wise to not have Rogers start at Yankee Stadium.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very wise to not have Rogers start at Yankee Stadium.

He pitched on Sunday, I believe. Didn't start, but came in late. He probably wasn't ready for a start yet anyway.

come on Cardinals.......it worked out well that I had a mid afternoon doc appt. to then come home and be able to watch almost the whole game! :cheers

I am too enjoying all the ball.....only series I am not bothered to watch is the Mets/Dodgers. I am not rooting for or against either.......

I wonder what Steve Garvey is up to.

Now it's up to the Gambler and Bondy to get us a shot at the A's. Leyland will have to make sure the Gambler gets at least 3 starts in that series as he owns the Athletics.

Might be getting just a bit ahead of yourself there. :ermm

Congrats, though, to MrRain. You got your game 4. I hate having tix to games that never come to be. Hopefully that's the last thing I'm congratulating you on. :P

Congrats, though, to MrRain. You got your game 4. I hate having tix to games that never come to be. Hopefully that's the last thing I'm congratulating you on. :P

Indeed! I was driving back to Michigan tonight regardless, but the game ended just a few minutes before I left work, so I at least knew I wasn't coming into town for nothing. Very exciting. I can't wait.

And yeah, the Yanks are probably still favored, but today's game is a huge swing. I don't think anyone expected the Tigers to win either of the first two at Yankee Stadium. I wonder if the result would have been the same without the rain postponement. Might have taken some pressure off Verlander to pitch in the afternoon.

I wonder what Steve Garvey is up to.

According to Wikipedia, he works at Dodger Stadium as a greeter for VIP season ticket holders. ("Welcome to Wal-MartDodger Stadium!") He was also a judge on "Master of Champions."

To be fair, he does other stuff too.

His official website's biography (which is very poorly written) proclaims him to be a "future Hall of Famer." His high-water mark in the voting was 42.61% of ballots in 1995, his third year on the ballot. He's now in the last year or two of eligibility for election by the BBWAA. Yeah, he might get in via the Veterans' Committee, but I don't regard him as a lock.