First Show

I've never seen Wilco live and am a newer fan but getting familiar with the band. Really like the stuff. My first show is Frday in E. Lansing Mi. Luckily I have front row seats. :dancing

Should I be as excited as I am? I can't wait. What's the deal with picture taking. Does the band seem to have a problem with it?

Thanks

You should definitely be excited!!!! My first show was this past summer in Calgary. I was right up against the baricade, dead center in front of Jeff. I couldn't stop smiling the entire show!!! I think it's pretty safe to say it will be a night you'll never forget!!!

As for picture taking...it wasn't a problem at my show, as long as there was NO flash! Not sure whether the band has any quams with picture taking...

Hope you have a great night! :rock

Should I be as excited as I am? I can't wait. What's the deal with picture taking. Does the band seem to have a problem with it?

a. Yes.

b. No, not in my experience (I've never been kicked in the head by a camera-shy Wilco anyway, so I'm taking that as a good sign). Sometimes the venue doesn't allow cameras, though. It's a good idea to call the venue to check on their policy, and then be prepared to be told when you get there that whatever you were told the policy was when you called, that's not really the policy, and then maybe to be told several different versions of what the policy "really" is before getting inside (and then, even if you've been told it's OK to take pictures, to have the security guards up front tell you that no, it's not OK).

Tell me how the merch is Price, shirts stuff like that. I'm seeing them next Friday in San Antonio I can't wait.

I think the prices are usually the same as the prices they're sold for on-line: http://wilcoworld.net/store.html

my first show was front row, and it should definately be an amazing night for you, i know my first wilco show was honestly one of the best nights of my life. the shows are what snag you. i've seen tons of wilco shows and have never gotten bored with them...you should be excited. i'll be there too (4th row!), have fun, i can't wait.

What's the deal with picture taking. Does the band seem to have a problem with it?

My first show was at the Greek in Berkeley, where there was a no-camera policy, so I left my camera at home. Major regret! The bag search at the entrance was lax. Everyone around me had their cameras out, along with their joints and pipes, and no one gave a shit.

Both Tweedy shows at the Filmore I brought my camera along. I kept it in a make-up bag in my purse, and my purse was given only a quick glance. And once inside, all cameras were out.

The only thing that sucks about the no-flash policy is that all my photos came out way blurry. I still have them saved, since they are still pictures of Jeff...just super blurry ones.

P.S. Your first Wilco concert!! :rock You see them once, and you'll be hooked for life! :dancing :cheers

Your life will never be the same!

:worship

I know my life changed. My first show was in Portland, ME at the State Theatre, 8/6/04. I have seen them many times since, Jeff solo too. What a great experience to be front and center at your first show. Have fun Friday!

:dancing

my first wilco show was a great night, none of my pictures turned out though, which doesn't really matter. i was in the 9th row on the right of the thomas wolfe auditorium in asheville.

i say be prepared to sing along!

never been front row at a wilco show, but it's something i wish to aspire to.

The best part is everytime another song starts going: 'oh sweet!' And then as they play so many songs you like you have trouble remembering all the ones you wanted to hear cause they play so many. Its real visceral. Hope they bring the projections back like in 04/05.

the first time I saw Wilco, I was completely blown away and have not since recovered.

me too.. i wasnt familiar with stage show then (only had the albums) and it blew me away.... heh, i remember during misunderstood, thinking 'when's he gonna end?!".... 58 nothings :rock

the first time I saw Wilco, I wasn't very impressed.

:cheers me neither,I can kick myself in the ass on that one now.

I'm an idiot........................dooooooooooooh! :hmm

Edited by oceanman
:cheers me neither,I can kick myself in the ass on that one now.

I'm an idiot........................dooooooooooooh! :hmm

yeah, this was back in '95. it took a Golden Smog a year later to change my mind about the whole thing. :cheers