We Can Make It Better

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer

Like the Arizona 2005 incident, after finally seeing footage of this I can say that all of the coverage is quite overblown/talked up - not the jumping onstage/Jeff's reaction, but the magnitude of Jeff's reaction. Dude definitely snuck up on Jeff/got what he deserved.

Tweedy has to stop wearing all black. To me, it looked like a phantom Gibson no-handedly tackled a frat boy.

Like the Arizona 2005 incident, after finally seeing footage of this I can say that all of the coverage is quite overblown/talked up - not the jumping onstage/Jeff's reaction, but the magnitude of Jeff's reaction. Dude definitely snuck up on Jeff/got what he deserved.

Tweedy has to stop wearing all black. To me, it looked like a phantom Gibson no-handedly tackled a frat boy.

The kid was not a frat boy, rather an indie type. Frat boys are typically jerks to be sure, but let's not falsely label this kid as one :yay

Guest Speed Racer
The kid was not a frat boy, rather an indie type. Frat boys are typically jerks to be sure, but let's not falsely label this kid as one :yay

It was probably the effect of Tweedy's black...

I am both repulsed and attracted to this video.

The worst part was where Jeff pulls the dude's greasy hair from between his fingers. Ew.

Having said that...I wanna go again. :wub

this just in......

Using high tech seismographic sensors researchers at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory have just determined that Gandhi has rolled over in his grave.

:lol

I hope someone recorded this show, just so I can get the soundbite "I don't want to have to punch anyone in the fuckin' face" and make it my phone's ringtone.

i recorded the show and will be making it available shortly. as far as i know i was the only recordist. wasn't the best venue in terms of sound but Stan did a pretty good job.

In the year of our Lord Nineteen-hundred and eighty-eight, I was at the Old Ritz upon the Isle of Manna-Hattan to enjoy a concerto by the band known as Motorhead. As the band took the stage to thunderous applause and wild screams of delight from the assembled multitude, Lemmy gave this brief address:

"This is my fookin' stage. Get up on this fookin' stage, and I'll kick you in the fookin' teeth. One-two-three-four One-two-three-four!"

The band then leapt into their opening selection, the exquisite "Ace of Spades" and your friend and humble narrator then realized he had, quite by accident, chosen to stand at the epicenter of where the mosh pit was about to form. I could, in the days of my youth, hold my own in most mosh pits, but I'm more of a lover than a fighter and this pit was for fighters only. I was nearly torn asunder whilst getting mine ass out of there and lost a Mets cap of which I was quite fond. I think I saw someone draw a cutlass in that pit, but I may be thinking of a pirate movie I saw while smoking opium.

That's the beer and cigarettes, frat-boy. :thumbup

More like veggie burritos and bongwater, Earth Mother. :peace

I almost lost my then 15-year-old bro-in-law crowdsurfing clear across the World Music Theatre during a Goldfinger show and covertly pissed in an empty beer cup right in the middle of the crowd during the Pixies reunion show a while back. Pales in comparison to a Motorhead mosh pit or Jeff Tweedy bitchslapping some Yo La Tengo motherfucker, but I had fun.