We Can Make It Better

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of those quotes are fairly off but no harm done. I was front row between Nels and Jeff and the events happened just about how Jaded Insider put it. Althought I didn't see Jeff punch the guy, just yank him by the neck/hair over to stage right while Nels was trying to get the good-for-nothing security goons to do their job.

Should've said hello! Oh well, next concert. :cheers

I concur with your memory of events.

Pretty funny how Jeff's Kingpin ramble was quoted in the Billboard article, making it sound as if those remarks had some bearing on The Incident. :P "Confused Reportage R Us" seems to be the order of the day.

Should've said hello! Oh well, next concert. :cheers

I concur with your memory of events.

Pretty funny how Jeff's Kingpin ramble was quoted in the Billboard article, making it sound as if those remarks had some bearing on The Incident. :P "Confused Reportage R Us" seems to be the order of the day.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty goofy. Hooray for Journalistic Integrity!

Also, I saw someone taking an assload of pictures, will they be posted in the near future?

Yeah, I thought that was pretty goofy. Hooray for Journalistic Integrity!

Also, I saw someone taking an assload of pictures, will they be posted in the near future?

hi gang.

im the guy who posted the discription on the flaming lips bored. just wanted to echo the fact that the pitchfork thing is way off. (no chocking, no freaking out) my favorite thing was that not only did jeff not leave the stage then and there, he finished the first encore and did another one!

as far as the "punch" or "grab" or whatever, from where i was standing it looked like jeff swung around with is strumming hand and decked the guy. the reason i said he punched him was because jeff later said (from my recording) "i know that guy was just trying to be...have some fun, and i feel terrible. i feel terrible! i don't like to fuckin' punch somebody in their face. it sucks." thats why i said punch. cause so did he.

hi all,

in the best interest of jeff and other members of wilco, i think this topic should be closed. if magazines are quoting fan boards, who knows what lawyers will do if this nut is looking for some kind of compensation. we do live in a litigious society. this guy probably has already had several lawyers contact him about suing wilco, jeff and the venue. i am asking that we, wilco fans, put this incident behind us and only speak of how WILCO IS THE GREATEST FUCKING ROCK-N-ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD.

Yeah, that was kind of confusing. He did say that, but I never saw him punch the guy. He grabbed him by the back of the head. He could have messed the dude up, but he didn't.

It seemed such a reflexive action to get the guy off of him. Maybe he thought he punched the dude after.

First of all good for you Jeff. I was at the Fort Worth show a few nights ago and based upon this incident have to share what happened at the show. Band comes out for second encore and Jeff says this

Tweedy

before launcing into Let's Not Get Carried Away. He sings the song at this woman and gives her the finger on the line "you would ruin it." I was five rows behind this lady to the right and the whole thing was hiliarious. Nobody got near the stage, their was an empty orchestra pit end between the stage and the band. Jeff was fucking around with her and she was cracking up as was everyone else. But after hearing Jeff I guess you would have to say he is a man of his word. He certainly won't put up with shit.

Hey there. I'm new to this site but I was the guy in the front row with my little brother as the drunk guy was getting a little rough. I have a gigantic amount of respect for Jeff after what he did for me, my brother and my friends.

Hello and welcome

I think the drinking age should be raised!Why some people can't handle their intake of alchohol is a mystery to me.Non drinking shows could appear in the future.It would kind of suck for the rest of us who can compose themselves,but oh well.I myself enjoy a tasty beverage at shows,hell,make that a few of them but didn't your mothers teach you RESPECT? :cheers to those who can act in a human fashion!

I think the drinking age should be raised!Why some people can't handle their intake of alchohol is a mystery to me.

I think the unreasonably high drinking age is actually responsible in large part for people's inability to handle their booze. If it wasn't such a taboo thing kids wouldn't binge when they got a chance and learn bad habits and have all the other problems associated with it. Stupid reactionary politicians.

Anyway this makes me happy:

Halfway through "Airline to Heaven" during the first encore, a male fan ran onto the stage, grabbed Tweedy's head and tried to kiss him. Tweedy turned around, pulled the man's hair and then punched him in the face before shoving him out of the way. "You guys play nice," he said.

Except he should have felt that bad about decking him.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meathooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Anybody remember this?

Tweedy solo Ann Arbor at the Michigan Theater - a deranged dreadlocked man in dirty clothes runs down the aisle toward the stage, and as he neared the stage, he jumped (apparently expecting to spring much higher) and dived (dove?) onto the stage with his hands outstretched Superman-style, only to land belly side down like a beached whale at the edge of the stage. Jeff looked surprised and freaked out for a moment, but he kept singing and playing acoustic guitar as security rushed in and dragged the guy slowly back off the stage by his ankles, until he landed with a huge thud on the floor - again belly side down, but I think it was the man's head that made that thud noise from where we were sitting 4 seats away. :o :omg

It's weird, because it all happened so fast. In this case, security was on top of it.

Jeff really puts up with a lot of ridiculous behavior on behalf of people under the influence.

I was really scared they were going to leave after "Airline" last night. I'm very thankful that they didn't.

We worried the same, a little.......it would've been understandable. But instead we got a passionate, intense rest-of-the-show, with two long encores. We are some well loved, lucky fans of a generous band.

Jethro, I was there and there was no "decking".

Anybody remember this?

Tweedy solo Ann Arbor at the Michigan Theater - a deranged dreadlocked man in dirty clothes runs down the aisle toward the stage, and as he neared the stage, he jumped (apparently expecting to spring much higher) and dived (dove?) onto the stage with his hands outstretched Superman-style, only to land belly side down like a beached whale at the edge of the stage. Jeff looked surprised and freaked out for a moment, but he kept singing and playing acoustic guitar as security rushed in and dragged the guy slowly back off the stage by his ankles, until he landed with a huge thud on the floor - again belly side down, but I think it was the man's head that made that thud noise from where we were sitting 4 seats away. :o :omg

It's weird, because it all happened so fast. In this case, security was on top of it.

Jeff really puts up with a lot of ridiculous behavior on behalf of people under the influence.

Wow, Wendy, what a story. :blink

Hey there. I'm new to this site but I was the guy in the front row with my little brother as the drunk guy was getting a little rough. I have a gigantic amount of respect for Jeff after what he did for me, my brother and my friends.

EMPEROR! WELCOME TO VIA CHICAGO!!! :cheers Good to see you. Hi to your brother! :)

Anybody remember this?

I remember that. That security guard was on the ball. He had that guy by the ankles before the drunko had completely landed on the stage.

You guys are the best.

This situation just shows how much Jay Bennett is still needed by this band, had Jay been on stage he would have thrown a couple of Big Bacon Classic burgers shuriken like and took out this drunk dude as he was attempting to mount the stage, before he even had a chance to lay his hands on Jeff.