Stupid Newbie Question

Okay, I've been a Wilco fan for a while. I didn't care for AM, but I discovered Being There at a public library and thought I'd give them a second chance, I'm digressing, the point is, I don't know that I've ever heard them on the radio or seen a video, a la the MTV kind...

My question is, do you hear Wilco on the radio where you live and have they ever made conventional videos?

Okay, I've been a Wilco fan for a while. I didn't care for AM, but I discovered Being There at a public library and thought I'd give them a second chance, I'm digressing, the point is, I don't know that I've ever heard them on the radio or seen a video, a la the MTV kind...

My question is, do you hear Wilco on the radio where you live and have they ever made conventional videos?

When I'm in Minnesota I hear them occassionally on 89.3 the Current, and I've heard them on a couple of other commercial radio stations, but mostly college stations. They do have one "conventional" video for Outtasite (Outtamind), of them skydiving, but other than that, not really. I could be wrong but I think the band just kind of decided not to do music videos.

Yes, there are videos for:

I Must Be High

Box Full of Letters

Outtamind...

Shot in the Arm

Jesus, Etc.

Kicking Television

I actually saw the last two on MTV2.

Wow, really? I guess I haven't watched the EmptyV in a looooong time. Are these videos any good?

Yes, there are videos for:

I Must Be High

Box Full of Letters

Outtamind...

Shot in the Arm

Jesus, Etc.

Kicking Television

I actually saw the last two on MTV2.

And they get radio airplay in Chicago.

Only a few of those above are "real videos" whith a concept...I think maybe the 1st three...the others are like live shots.

Only a few of those above are "real videos" whith a concept...I think maybe the 1st three...the others are like live shots.

did you watch the Shot in the Arm video? there's some high concept shit going there. :D

the Jesus Etc. video was put together by Sam Jones, using foot that wasn't in the movie.

They get played somewhat regularly on wmnf 88.5 in tampa. I dont listen to the radio usually except for my alarm clock and Ive gotten woken up by wilco a few times.

Also one time I was telling this friend of mine at work how freakin' awesome wilco was, and how you just dont hear bands like that on the radio. We happend to have the radio playing (88.5) and as soon as I said that, The late greats started playing.

The only Wilco I've ever heard on the radio is HMD played on 105.3 in Knoxville. We don't really have any great radio stations round here; the one I mentioned above is the most forward thinking, simply b/c it is (supposedly) locally owned.

To be honest with you all, I just don't listen to radio anymore. It's either CDs or iPod over the FM transmitter.

Also, I was having this discussion the other day with my wife: MTV should not be called Music TV. They never play videos anymore! Neither, really does VH1. I know there are some digital/satellite options, but my point here is if your station is named "Music" TV or "Video Hits" One, then you should probably play some. I know, I know videos don't get the rating these crap shows do, but...

I'll stop now. Thanks for letting me rant.

there's a great radio station out of Calgary...or Edmonton. I forget. It's CKUA and that's the only place I've heard Wilco. It's an amazing station playing stuff from all around the world. You can listen to it online as well...check it out!

When A GHOST IS BORN was newish, I heard "Handshake Drugs" on the only station remotely resembling a new nusic Rock Station.

When I'm in Minnesota I hear them occassionally on 89.3 the Current

That's because I call 89.3 The Current at 11:00 p.m. everyday and request Wilco. Hah! I don't even live in Minnesota right now (I'm in school in Madison, Wisc.) but that is the best radio station in the world and I still call to make requests. It's no. 5 on my speed dial. :music

I have heard "California Stars," "Handshake Drugs" and other random Wilco songs several times, mostly on college stations. I have heard a few other tunes at stores.

Who is the woman in the "A Shot in the Arm" video? I wonder if she's a paid actress or what.

That newbie does deserve a good bashing. :headbonk Welcome.