Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

saw it last sunday. I thought it was fantastic. the stuff at the bed and breakfast had me in tears.

I'm thinking about seeing it again, because I'm sure there some things I missed. It just kept topping itself, scene after scene.

Leno: Your film has created a lot of controversy. What do you say to people who say your film is homophobic and anti-semitic?

Borat: Thank you very much.

I saw that too. :lol That line sums up so much of what is amazing about the movie and the character. That really shouldn't be all that funny, but he turns all political correctness on its head. Nothing short of redefining comedy. Sacha Baron Cohen = :worship

I thought it was the biggest let down in years.I saw the extended preview the day before and it was every punchline of every scene in the movie,they shouldn't do that,a real spoiler.

I can't wait to see this. I don't have the links, but I guess there are a bunch of deleted scenes or something on YouTube.

Just read there seems there is a lawsuit that has been brought about over a scene as well...

Humiliated frat boys sue 'Borat'

Two fraternity boys want to make lawsuit against "Borat" over their drunken appearance in the hit movie.

The legal action filed Thursday on their behalf claims they were duped into appearing in the spoof documentary "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," in which they made racist and sexist comments on camera.

The young men "engaged in behavior that they otherwise would not have engaged in," the lawsuit says.

"Borat" follows the adventures of comedian Sacha Baron Cohen's Kazakh journalist character in a blend of fiction and improvised comic encounters as he travels across the United States and mocks Americans.

The plaintiffs were not named in the lawsuit "to protect themselves from any additional and unnecessary embarrassment." They were identified in the movie as fraternity members from a South Carolina university, and appeared drunk as they made insulting comments about women and minorities to Cohen's character.

The lawsuit claims that in October 2005, a production crew took the students to a bar to drink and "loosen up" before participating in what they were told would be a documentary to be shown outside of the United States.

"They were induced to agree to participate and were told the name of the fraternity and the name of their school wouldn't be used," said the plaintiffs' attorney, Olivier Taillieu. "They were put into an RV and were made to believe they were picking up Borat the hitchhiker."

After a bout of heavy drinking, the plaintiffs signed a release form they were told "had something to do with reliability issues with being in the RV," Taillieu said.

The film "made plaintiffs the object of ridicule, humiliation, mental anguish and emotional and physical distress, loss of reputation, goodwill and standing in the community," the lawsuit said.

It names 20th Century Fox, a unit of News Corp., and three production companies as defendants.

Studio spokesman Gregg Brilliant said the lawsuit "has no merit."

The plaintiffs were seeking an injunction to stop the studio from displaying their image and likeness, along with unspecified monetary damages.

"Borat" debuted as the top movie last weekend with $26.5 million.

I just watched the Leno clips and the bit with Martha Stuart was hysterical.(the actual "interview" was so-so)

I've heard from some people that the movie isn't as good as the original Borat bitsn (which is pretty much always true), but still pretty funny. I have no idea--to me, I still only know Cohen as the guy who did the voice of the lemur-king in "Madagascar" (having kids will do that to ya) so what do I know? :lol

I just haven't found much of the promotional stuff I've seen to be very funny. That said, I suppose I'll probably catch this when it goes to DVD.

More than anything, I can't help thinking that this whole thing just seems like an extension of the Festrunk brothers sketches from SNL's glory days. :unsure