Ed O'Brien & Johnny Greenwood

Chuck Garvey & Al Schnier

Matt Pike

Jack White

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*if john mayer was playing in my backyard, i would not even get off the couch to open the blinds

When John Mayer stops by to mow my lawn in a few years I'll probably hook him up with a lemonade. If he does a decent job, of course.

Nels Cline is god; of course, but I wonder if they have actually dove into his catalog because I think they just chose him because he is now in Wilco. While I did find Cline via Wilco and his contribution is amazing to Wilco's new and old catalog, I would hope they would look into his huge discography because it is great. Seriously, my jaw literally drop after listening to his interpreation of Coltrane's "Interstellar Space," I loved "Destroy All Nels Cline," "The Giant Pin" "Four guitars live" "New Monastery," and his contribution to The Geraldine Fibbers (I just got "Butch") and Mike Watt's projects are unstoppable. So basically in short, I think Rolling Stone-like they always do-jumped on the bandwagon.

However, Rolling Stone did something right by picking Ed O'Brien and Johnny Greenwood because the sound they create from their playing is highly underrated.

i too agree 100% , but in reverse order

Warren Haynes

Derek Trucks

I should have listed them that way.

All joking aside, I am not really into lists such as that - and that is a weird mix to begin with. For instance, what the heck does Jack White do that is so great?

I'm not a fan of Kaki King. It's impressive, sure, but I'm not a huge fan.

I like Frusciante and Cline getting love. 2 amazing guitarists.

You should check out her latest one, if you haven't yet. It's really cool, less like the prior one.

I should have listed them that way.

All joking aside, I am not really into lists such as that - and that is a weird mix to begin with. For instance, what the heck does Jack White do that is so great?

Really?

I think JW is very good and I think he is one of the best "young guys" around. He has come up with some major riffs that are unoforgettable. Plus he does it all on a $59 guitar.