• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first online community I got all tangled up in was an amateur musicians forum. I made a slew of close friends, and traveled around the u.s. and europe meeting up with them. This was early enough in the internet revolution that my in-person friends and family were sure I was going to get e-axe murdered at any second.

My first band "forum" wad actually a list-serve -- Tongue in the Mail for Crowded House fans. It was a great community for a while, and I think there are still folks very much communing there.

Oh, and I think the VC member numbers got muddled up that time we all had to re-sign up. I know Sam was here before I was even though my number is lower than hers now.

Alright, now I've found the Bob Dylan forum...called Expecting Rain

dylanforum1.jpg

And, of course, I just had to track down the latest Wilco discussion... not surprisingly the first post about Wilco is partially about how i"In an alternate universe there'd be an album of [Woody Guthrie] songs written and performed by Dylan and The Band, probably. Interesting what could have been." (Referring to Mermaid Ave. I & II. You see, in Dylan's Chronicles Vol. 1, he writes about making a trek to upstate New York in the sixties in search of some old Woody Guthrie lyrics left behind by the singer.

Anyways, here are some of their posts about our beloved band, even about new songs!:

dylanforum2.jpg

dylanforum3.jpg

dylanforum4.jpg

dylanforum5.jpg

Sony's Dylan site had a fantastic community on its message board years ago. Then it got shut down due to some personal battles blowing up in the admin's face, and everyone splintered away. I tried staying interested in expectingrain and bobdylantalk but it wasn't the same. Since then it's been AVCATT.