Now playing March 2007

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i27951hqjrj.jpg

Beautiful.

I take it you've heard his band Grand Drive? They put out a couple of good albums. Get 'True Love & High Adventure' if you havent already heard it.

N.P

B000M5B6GK.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V44614632_.jpg

endribtl6125956396100.jpg

Saw these guys support Richmond Fontaine last month and they were great.

I believe Ryan Adams features quite heavily on their new album?

I take it you've heard his band Grand Drive? They put out a couple of good albums. Get 'True Love & High Adventure' if you havent already heard it.

Yeah, I have one (The Lights in this Town are too many to Count), and it's excellent.

Yeah, I have one (The Lights in this Town are too many to Count), and it's excellent.

Well, if you like that I strongly urge you to check out their previous albums - especially See The Morning In and the one I previously mentioned.

I personally think The Lights... is by far their weakest album.

I believe Ryan Adams features quite heavily on their new album?

Um no, not really. They were supporting Jesse Malin and he had their debut cd and Ryan got to hear it and loved it and met the band and they jammed for a while and the result of that was the lead off track on the new album. Album is called Attraction Versus Love and the track is called Thorns On Every Rose. Really great band, the singer's voice is brilliant.

NP:

slobberbone_everything.jpg

badlydrawnboy.jpg

How did it take me so long to discover this album? It's gorgeous.

I kind of envy you "meeting" it for the first time. I also was late to discover it, but it was one of the first VC recommendations I took and I remember falling big-time for BDB with that one. :thumbup My next favorite is the "About A Boy" soundtrack, and then "One Plus One Equals One." The newest one was weak, sadly.