Now playing March 2007

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crooked Rain Crooked Rain.

I gave away my old copy and finally got the re-iss. Love the 2nd disc and read the booklet thing last night:

'...Gary was the last to arrive - when he came in, Gary saw the band in full rehearsal, with Steve West playing his (Gary's) drums, you know, the one's with the big "GY' monogram on the front of the kick. I always thought that was a pretty cruel way to handle the situation, but Scott's a cold, cold, guy when it comes to business. He told me it was a little trick that Mark Ibold had learned from Michael Duane. Who learned it from Mark E. Smith. Who in turn got the idea from David Clayton Thomas. All part of Rock's rich tapestry'

- Gerard Cosley of Matador Records on the firing of Gary Young from Pavement.

yeah, it was sold on the tour opening for w/ Iron & Wine (which you came up to Mpls for Daniel ;))

i bought a copy of it, but yeah, wasn't until i first heard Everything All The Time that i really fell for them

yeah, it was sold on the tour opening for w/ Iron & Wine (which you came up to Mpls for Daniel ;))

i bought a copy of it, but yeah, wasn't until i first heard Everything All The Time that i really fell for them

I have fallen for Band of Horses. Saw them in Asheville the other week and I haven't stopped listening to their album ever since.

i was listening to cassadaga... but after 4 or 5 songs just wasn't into it. i know it's wishful thinking, but i really want to like the album, so i'm waiting until i'm in more of a bright eyes kinda mood..

so now:

B000CSULO0.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

because they kicked my ass so thoroughly last night. if you haven't seen them live... you are missing out in a big way. and they're coming back through CO so i get to see them in boulder on april 9. :dancing

i was listening to cassadaga... but after 4 or 5 songs just wasn't into it. i know it's wishful thinking, but i really want to like the album, so i'm waiting until i'm in more of a bright eyes kinda mood..

so now:

B000CSULO0.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

because they kicked my ass so thoroughly last night. if you haven't seen them live... you are missing out in a big way. and they're coming back through CO so i get to see them in boulder on april 9. :dancing

They came into town last week. I was a little disappointed when they didn't play their downtempo songs (Ice Dogs!). Also, the fans in my crowd decided that you could mosh to two-step songs which caught my friend completely off guard. Their encore is brilliant: improv a little bit of nothing!

Six Demon Bag was definitely in my top 10 list last year.