Rank the Wilco albums

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

This is the only correct answer. I defy anyone to argue otherwise.

I'm sorry to learn about your hearing loss. May I suggest that you try one of these:

noseshave_qtip.jpg

The correct answer is obviously:

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

I must admit, there are some really valid arguments here, but I've been listening to SBS a lot lately, feeling out its chronological relationship to the other studio releases. It's weird, if this thread had been created six months ago, I would've left SBS off the list completely. And AGIB (of all albums) would be the nearest to the present on the list. What a crazy world. Anyway, I think I'm ready to reveal my list :

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

I guess we could possibly keep this party going by switching things over from chronological to personal preference...

YHF

BT

SBS

ST

AGIB

AM

I have a hard time considering the Mermaids as anything apart from what they are - a big ol' collaboration of perfect songs that I couldn't possibly rank alongside Wilco's proper catalogue.

BT (has a good number of Wilco's all time greatest songs, but isn't as strong as an overall record as YHF or Summerteeth for me)

YHF

ST

SBS (could easily see this moving up tho)

MA

MA2

AGIB

AM

For shame, Kyle, for shame.

I must admit, there are some really valid arguments here, but I've been listening to SBS a lot lately, feeling out its chronological relationship to the other studio releases. It's weird, if this thread had been created six months ago, I would've left SBS off the list completely. And AGIB (of all albums) would be the nearest to the present on the list. What a crazy world. Anyway, I think I'm ready to reveal my list :

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

Damn you and your enlightened ears.

To qualify, for "Wilco studio" records only (i.e., no KT and no MA I or MA II)...

This could change but for today I'm going w/

BT

YHF

SBS

AGIB

ST

AM

This is all wrong. Please follow the instructions and re-submit your list. Thank you.