I guess he has looked that way for a while. I'm not trying to be hard on the guy - I am honestly wondering about his health. He appears to be sweating a lot in the live video posted above, and it looks like he is pretty winded at times (35 secs in is the first time I see it).

The list of performers who are significantly older than Axl who do not have breathing/sweating/weight problems is long. Dylan, Mick, Pete and Roger, the guys in Aerosmith, Tom Petty - the list goes on. The list of people who appear to struggle physically though a performance at his age (54) is not real long - Meatloaf, Axl, maybe a few others.

Add McCartney to that list. I saw him a couple years ago and there was no physical struggle. I hope I'm that active in my 70's.

"Coma" was another one they almost never played but did last week, so....

I'd love for them to play it, just to see the reaction on the internet!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add McCartney to that list. I saw him a couple years ago and there was no physical struggle. I hope I'm that active in my 70's.

I'd love for them to play it, just to see the reaction on the internet!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/axl-rose-hobbled-by-a-broken-foot-performed-last-nights-guns-n-roses-show-in-dave-grohls-throne/

Oops, thought you meant "Coma," not "One in a Million."

Is it just me, or does Axl look unhealthy (and has for several years)? The weight, the sweating, the heavy breathing. I think it is the heavy breathing that is the most troubling. It makes me a bit anxious to watch him perform, as I think he is going to have a heart attack.

Could be the heat from the lights and all that leather he is wearing - at least part of the deal. I think Mick Jagger works out everyday. I think Axl probably does not. I think they sound good though. Usually, when some old band gets back together something is off - the singer can't sing, or the guitar player can't play. But it seems to me they have it together.

If you like GN'R you would be hard pressed not to enjoy the shows they put on in Vegas this past weekend. I was there. I was an old school fan. The performance was great.

Obviously, they are not everybody's cup of tea. I get that is fun to pick fun of Axl because of his personality. 

Axl Rose would probably be the second to last thing I would notice at a Guns N Roses show. If he's singing in the ballpark I think everyone will be happy. Slash is a really unique player who just hasn't had strong material since GNR and I would love to hear him play all these old first album tunes again.

Nothing worst than a bad drummer.

Listened to Chinese Democracy for the 1st time yesterday - not too bad. A little more pop than I expected or maybe more modern. A lot of effects on Rose's vocals, it seemed.

The current drummer has no double kick drum sound (I'm one of apparently not many that thought Matt Sorum was was a fine replacement for Adler) or those double stroke fills he's so good at (makes it sound twice as loud and as if there are 2 drummers). He's very bland and rote.

He is pretty bad. Really weakens a lot of key points in the 4-5 tunes I heard.

I sure would like to know why Steven isn't there. I've heard his band, watch some vids, etc.It's not like he's incapable of playing.

No Steven + No Izzy = I ain't gonna be there. Christ, it's almost like former members of The Grateful Dead trying to tour without Garcia or Lesh.  :headbonk

I sure would like to know why Steven isn't there. I've heard his band, watch some vids, etc.It's not like he's incapable of playing.

No Steven + No Izzy = I ain't gonna be there. Christ, it's almost like former members of The Grateful Dead trying to tour without Garcia or Lesh.  :headbonk

“For weeks, rumors had been swirling around on the forums that GNR was playing a show at the Whisky on April Fool’s Day as a ‘warm-up’ for the tour. When Steven Adler’s current band Adler cancelled an April 1 show the Whisky, GNR fans saw this as a sign that Steven was joining GNR. But that’s not the case. A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show. I’ve also been told he’s not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever.”

but also, really?, Garcia and Lesh are Adler and Izzy of GNR? Axl, Slash and Duff toured without both of them in 91, 92 and 93. I wonder if you would have said the same thing back then. Izzy is far and away my favorite GNR musician so I think that is a bummer, but Adler??